Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys UK rate Lie?

Options
  • 28-11-2009 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I went into Currys in Swords and asked for a price on a Playstation 3. I was told 299 euro. I asked, What about the UK vat rate offer? The assistant said "we only have about 14 items in the store with the uk Vat rate, 2 TVS a few radios and the like". .
    I did not think much of it a the time and thought!! Small print.
    Later that evening I was looking at an ad on TV3. It said "hundreds Of items at UK vat Rate" Is this scam legal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Maybe there are hundreds of items but of only a few types (i.e. hundreds of the same radio). Maybe that's what the meant. If that is the case it's very misleading though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

watna wrote: »
    Maybe there are hundreds of items but of only a few types (i.e. hundreds of the same radio). Maybe that's what the meant. If that is the case it's very misleading though.

Seriously. Go into Currys and say, Give me two hundred of those Dab radios!!! Your answer will more than likely be " I will have to check the stock, we probably only have the display model and one or two more in the stock room"

Advertisement