Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "close/ don't close Western Rail Corridor thread" thread

Options
  • 28-11-2009 11:18pm

I said I'd post my reply to this.....
    westtip wrote: »
    Calina as you have come out to make a comment on the thread about the censorship and closure of the WRC thread I would say we are entitled to make comment about the best thread about public transport on these boards in fact one of the most interesting forums and debating points about public transport in the west of Ireland probably in Ireland.

"Serious messing in a thread"- who do you think you are talking too? a bunch of kids? We are in the most part adults making our views known about what many of us believe is the most useless waste of public money to be spent on public transport infrastructure in entire island of ireland. I have written thousands of words in my view with valid arguments on the now infamous WRC thread explaining why the public money has been wasted.

Many others have made intelligent and coherent arguments and comments about the WRC thread - if you want to have T&C forum in which people just exchange views about when the bus is arriving from Letterkenny, then go ahead and dumb it down but my god it will be so utterly boring, the intelligent ones posting on this forum will be driven away. Is that what you want?- suppress discussion about commuting and transport about changes to the 42A bus route?

The WRC thread used to slip down the menu from time to time, but then used to come back on the agenda as folks would add more news about the WRC - like the opening up of the debate last week about the timetable, and basically how it was going to deliver what many of us always thought it would - A pretty useless service, which re-opened many of the arguments we have seen in the past bout the merits of the whole project

If Boards.ie don't want seemingly intelligent commentators like DWCommuter, Nostradamus, Corktina, Judgement Day, IIMII, Hungerford, Caraway Stick, serfboard, Spongebob, plus many others (apologies to anyone intelligent I missed) and indeed one of your moderator colleagues Victor and as said plus many others to make their comments and at times have a bit of mild entertainment - then more fool you nd more fool boards.ie

You are destroying what I seemingly believed was the raison d'etre of boards.ie - to get people tallking.

Now I admit the thread had wondered off at times in what we can call taking the pi*s out of groups like West on Track and the idea that the whole reason the WRC is being opened, but that is the nature of the beast - no one was threatend.

That thread was a catalyst for some fantastic discussions - you want to close it - you are strangling discussion.

Now if it has been closed because of one boardsie - Mr Sea Slacker complaining then the decision is completely bonkers. One person cannot be the deciding factor, and I for one would like this decision taken to the other moderators on the board and I ask in the openness of this thread for other boardsters to simply post a thank you note to this post if they feel the decision should be reversed, the debate will continue elsewhere on other message boards and indeed here on boards.ie - I for one won't be hanging around to write on a message board service that does not want nor encourage intelligent debate and allow people to also have a bit of banter and fun. My god censorship!!!! I thought that died with Archbishop McQuaid, I was obviously wrong.

Now Sea Slacker go off and cry to teacher and report me, frankly I don't give a dam. I have said my piece.

.....in the appropriate place, so I'm posting it in Help Desk in the hope that discussion of the thread's closure can migrate here, or if not here than to the appropriate place that thread closure discussions are brought to.

I'd like to add that I'm perfectly happy with Calina's handling of the situation, even my own infraction.

Well myanswer on the previous thread was
    Well, I've already received an infraction, and if this post deserves another I humbly apologise, take the infracton without protest and also do not mind this post being removed.

If there's anyone who thinks that the "intelligent discussion" was uninteresting, unconforming with the standards of debate on other political b.ie forums, muddied the thread, and prevented you from gaining useful information, driving you from posting in T&C for fear you be hounded out, belittled, insulted and laughed at, you can thank this post.

Again mods, I'm sorry for stooping to this level.

and I suppose it holds here too. I just hope those who want the wrc thread open will follow me over.

Edit: Link to the thread in question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Perhaps I'm being a little dense, but what *exactly* do you want?

The thread is closed while the Moderators have a discussion about where to go from here, or if it should be let proceed at all. Have you sent them a PM to enquire about the status of that discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thanks Victor. Out of respect for my temporary ban from C&T for admittedly unacceptable disruptive posts, I will not post on this thread again. Help desk, please accept my apologies.

Advertisement