Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Next Man Out?

• 28-11-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭

Now that silly season has started with Paul Hart leaving Pompy who do people expect to be the next manager to find themselves out of a job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It won't be Rafa before the usual suspects pile in.

What odds would you get for no manager going for the rest of the season??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gary Megson maybe.

Mark Hughes a close second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm thinking Hughes should be under pressure, but he really doesn't come across as a guy who feels it at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Gary Megson I'd say. City are only 3 or 4 points off the Champions League spots which would be enough to keep Hughes in a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Roy Keane please god, so he won't have the forum every Thursday at the Ipswich press conferences to psalm away about stuff that doesn't concern him and has no relevance to the job he's being asked to do. And failing miserably at.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm thinking Hughes should be under pressure, but he really doesn't come across as a guy who feels it at all...

I would imagine that's only because Liverpool are making such a bollocks of it that City are still in with a shout of Champions League qualification. You can add Spurs and Villa to that too re making a bollocks of it.

cson wrote: »
    I would imagine that's only because Liverpool are making such a bollocks of it that City are still in with a shout of Champions League qualification. You can add Spurs and Villa to that too re making a bollocks of it.

Or, considering the fact that Man City have spent more money over the summer and the fact that they have more money, you could equally say "I would imagine that's only because Man City are making such a bollocks of it that Liverpool are still in with a shout of Champions League qualification".

But if Liverpool lose tomorrow, it won't be Hughes on the back pages, it'll be Rafa!!!

keane2097 wrote: »

Hughes being under pressure doesn't sell papers, so therefore he's not!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

City are unbeaten in 7. That's why he won't be sacked.

Xavi6 wrote: »

:D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2479/4055811468_7e333b5f4a.jpg

• Advertisement

RAFA OUT!

Hughes if City lose a few on the bounce and start slipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

City are without a win in 7, that's why he may be sacked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

7 points tho, thats like 2 wins, a draw and 4 losses!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    City are without a win in 7, that's why he may be sacked!

and next up is......Chelsea.

Rafa out. You've spent too much, Ronnie Whelan thinks your sh!te, Dunphy agrees, the yanks have ploughed the funds in, you can't compete financially with Man City, Spurs, Villa, Chelsea and Utd, out out OUT!! Curbishley for Anfield!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Rafa is doing a top job imo.

City would want to start winning soon.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Rafa out. You've spent too much, Ronnie Whelan thinks your sh!te, Dunphy agrees, the yanks have ploughed the funds in, you can't compete financially with Man City, Spurs, Villa, Chelsea and Utd, out out OUT!! Curbishley for Anfield!!!!!

That's him f**ked so!

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Rafa is doing a top job imo.

City would want to start winning soon.

I love this 'Rafa to stay' attitide from the fans of other clubs. I am convinced we we will win the league under his managership, given time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Megson or Hughes.

4/1 and 12/1 might have a bet on Megson.

Again, what are the odds on no manager going??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Again, what are the odds on no manager going??
    www.paddypower.ie

Without been smart, i know Paddy Powers are bookies!!I was looking for a straight link to the question!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Still in with a shout? When is the last tiome the CL places were wrpped up in November?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Rafa's going nowhere. Liverpool by and large stick with the manager through thick and thin thank god. Hughes i'd say. Can't see why he got the job in the first place. I'd like it to be Phil Brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hard to say, it's all about the run a team is on tbh. I could see Wigan panicking if Roberto Martinez takes them on a poor run but the 1-0 victory helped him yesterday. Something tells me that the Hull chairman is just waiting for a reason to sack Phil Brown, regardless of their recent improvement in form. If you forced me to take a punt I'd say Brown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

I want Benitez out soooo much!!
    ruining our club

sisco wrote: »
    ruining our club

Who do you suggest is brought in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Roy Keane please god, so he won't have the forum every Thursday at the Ipswich press conferences to psalm away about stuff that doesn't concern him and has no relevance to the job he's being asked to do. And failing miserably at.

Maybe journalists should stop asking him about stuff that apparently doesnt concern him and stick to question about Ipswich?

sisco wrote: »
    ruining our club

Can you not type in ordinary print like the rest of us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

i reckon avram grant could be a good shout as next sacked..pompey's 4th manager in just over 12 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Hopefully it will be Alex Ferguson.

Who agrees?

CHD wrote: »
    Still in with a shout? When is the last tiome the CL places were wrpped up in November?

Pray tell me where I said the Champions League places were wrapped up in November? :rolleyes:
    Stekelly wrote: »
    Maybe journalists should stop asking him about stuff that apparently doesnt concern him and stick to question about Ipswich?

He could choose to be professional about it, tell the reporters to keep the questions to Ipswich and not answer anything unrelated to the club he manages. It's simple and it'd make his life a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

He could choose to be professional about it, tell the reporters to keep the questions to Ipswich and not answer anything unrelated to the club he manages. It's simple and it'd make his life a lot easier.

Since when do people have gagging orders that prohibit them from discussing anything besides their jobs?

Half of Ireland wouldn't be allowed to talk at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

If it will be anyone it will be Gary Megson. Bolton fans dont like him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I think its a bit obvious Ancelotti will be out next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Roy Keane mightn't have long left because he's failing miserably. He's also beginning to look embittered after his recent comments about 'The Hand of Gaul' incident in Paris.

Roy Keane mightn't have long left because he's failing miserably. He's also beginning to look embittered after his recent comments about 'The Hand of Gaul' incident in Paris.

Pulled off a great away win in Cardiff today to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Surprised that Mick McCarthy is not getting too many mentions.

-16 goal difference at present. Beaten at home to Pompey this season. Think there in deep trouble.

Surprised that Mick McCarthy is not getting too many mentions.

-16 goal difference at present. Beaten at home to Pompey this season. Think there in deep trouble.

He's done a fantastic job with them getting them where they are.

But we all know there's no justice where managers are concerned! Look at Darren Ferguson! He might be a good shout!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Not a hope of Rafa being next to go. Would be happy to put 50euro on with anybody who thinks otherwise.

Would have to join in the Megson chorus. Brown looking safer with each passing week, and Hull looking even safer than Brown...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Hopefully it will be Alex Ferguson.

Who agrees?

That's a bold statement tbh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I think it will be Megson. The fans want him out, granted he wasn't popular at the start, but now they are calling for his head. So I'd put money on him going next.

And people calling for Hughes to be sacked are acting ridiculously. Hughes is a great manager. Listening to the rubbish the minority of City fans are talking on 606 makes you sick. Give the poor man a break.

Unfortunately that's our day and age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im going to say Moyes

he has taken Everton as far as any man could without any major investment and the stadium plans not getting approved.

It wouldnt surprised me to see him go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Keane has as much right (if not more) as you or I to talk about Ireland. Just because you don't like his opinion, doesn't mean it should be censored. What relevance does the Ireland national team have to your job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Headshot wrote: »
    im going to say Moyes

he has taken Everton as far as any man could without any major investment and the stadium plans not getting approved.

It wouldnt surprised me to see him go

No chance, prob the safest job in the league after Ferguson.

They are only 5 points worse off than they were last year and he got them 5th.

Not saying he will get them 5th this year but when everyone is fit and playing he has a good side, 2-3 wins could propell Everton up 6-8 places.

Boggles wrote: »
    No chance, prob the safest job in the league after Ferguson.

They are only 5 points worse off than they were last year and he got them 5th.

Not saying he will get them 5th this year but when everyone is fit and playing he has a good side, 2-3 wins could propell Everton up 6-8 places.

of course he wont get the sack but I think he could walk away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Headshot wrote: »
    of course he wont get the sack but I think he could walk away

To go where though?

Bolton?

Boggles wrote: »
    To go where though?

Bolton?

that's the dilema alright

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Obni

I'd love Moyes to come to Bolton, but no such luck.

Next 6:
    ManC, West Ham, Hull at home.
    Wolves, Wigan & Burnley away.

2 wins + 2 draws would save Neg-son.
    But a heavy loss to any of those teams and he could (should) be finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I love this 'Rafa to stay' attitide from the fans of other clubs. I am convinced we we will win the league under his managership, given time!!!

I agree but my only question is which league do you see this happening in? The Championship or League One?? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement