Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TGI Friday's Swords

Options
  • 29-11-2009 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Does anyone know when it is openning and where to apply for a job?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I heard it's on hold or even canned due to recession. MW who owns the complex can't shift the units.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

id think in this case is to ring the head office to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Any update on this? I haven't been around there in a while but I heard there was a sign up saying opening in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Any update on this? I haven't been around there in a while but I heard there was a sign up saying opening in November?

I think that sign is gone now so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

I heard they pulled the plug on this, and did notice the temp sign was gone last week, but there was a Pernament sign up there yesterday...

Not sure what's happening,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Yes i noticed the new sign up there too? wonder what is the story there..

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Looks to be still going ahead, taken down the sign in the window and put up a permanent sign

You can see work / movement inside.

Bad location if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

M.J.M.C wrote: »

:confused: It will get good trade from the retail park during the day & the wright venue in the evenings as I sure alot of people will go there before hitting the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

celticbest wrote: »
    :confused: It will get good trade from the retail park during the day & the wright venue in the evenings as I sure alot of people will go there before hitting the club.
    Cocktails ahoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

M.J.M.C wrote: »

I can think of no better location in fingal. Airside right beside it, the wright venue, and Holywell estate there too, not to mention the thousands of people living in swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I can think of no better location in fingal. Airside right beside it, the wright venue, and Holywell estate there too, not to mention the thousands of people living in swords.

No problems with parking either unlike the rest of swords

Davy wrote: »
    No problems with parking either unlike the rest of swords

Thats right, another great point.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

A new place to go in Swords for lunch that is not a fast food shop, and within walking distance from the business park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Live wire

Hi guys, just wondering does anyone know if TGI Fridays is open yet in Swords?

Live wire wrote: »

Tis not. No sign of anything moving in either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Live wire wrote: »

Nothing that I heard of yet. The other discovery I made is that Subway is gone from Swords. The main street must have 50% of the shops empty at this stage.

Nothing that I heard of yet. The other discovery I made is that Subway is gone from Swords. The main street must have 50% of the shops empty at this stage.

Really? That's the first subway I have ever heard of closing. Hopefully it moves into the pavilions. Doubtful though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Subway in Airside is gone?
    God that place was always packed when I went near it!

Ginny wrote: »
    Subway in Airside is gone?
    God that place was always packed when I went near it!

No, thats still there. The other subway in swords, is in the village behind ulster bank. It cant be seen from the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

The main street must have 50% of the shops empty at this stage.

Wouldnt surpise me. The pavilions killed off Swords as a village. We use to have a shop up near penneys and thought that the pavillions and penneys would be great and bring people into swords village. All they did was attract people into shopping centres and create tarffic chaos. The council and chamber of commerce did sweet fa to promote local business in the village plus rents are still a rip off in swords for commercial premises along with rates.
    Theres signs up outside wrights for a new pizza shop and tgi fridays. Only gone up in last while so they must be opening soonish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Only shops that seem to be doing well on Main Street are betting shops!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's a pizza place at Wright's called Pizza Dog and the food is really nice. We've had takeaway from it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

TGI Fridays at Airside looks like a dead duck. It's been advertised for over a year and hasn't opened yet so I think we can assume it isn't going to happen.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

O'Briens is now listed there as opening soon, and there's been an "opening Soon" added to the TGIs sign again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Larianne wrote: »
    Only shops that seem to be doing well on Main Street are betting shops!

Swords Main St. is so depressing. I know it's been a long process, with of course the opening of the Pavs being the main change, but inside 20 years it went from being a vibrant street with loads of prospering locally owned stores into a sh*thole. I can sell my gold or put a bet on, very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

There used to a newsagent up at the corner near the lord mayors pub. did ok business but fell behind a bit in their rent and they got booted out. within 2 days a planning permission side had gone up for ladbrookes to open up there even though they already had a store in the town. I was going to object so as part of my reason to object I counted all the bookies in the swords area. Counted somthing like 18 bookies in Swords and the surrounding estates and most of them are still all open.

saw some great old black and white photos of swords main street as a proper village a while ago through the 1900s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Swords Main St. is so depressing. I know it's been a long process, with of course the opening of the Pavs being the main change, but inside 20 years it went from being a vibrant street with loads of prospering locally owned stores into a sh*thole. I can sell my gold or put a bet on, very useful.

Hardly a surprise really? Just look at the shopping malls in the states and how they killed off the American main street. We all might love the idea of a locally owned vibrant Main st but for the car driving and price sensitive consumer the cheaper large branded stores with easy parking wins out, Balbriggan will head the same way in a couple of years.

The TGI site is in Airside? Location seems the wrong mix, the pavillions seems a better location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

not really.... tgi is in a great location. airside is packed saturday and sunday .

tgi will then get pre Wrights venue dinner and cocktails.

it will do very well i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Pizza Dog does a roaring trade in the early hours of Saturday and Sunday morning :D Actually, it is quite nice and the manager in the place is dead sound in fairness as well.

Doesn't look like TGI's will ever open at this stage. I imagine it would do a pretty good business though in Swords. I think Airside is a great location, plenty of parking, easy access and is close to a number of large shops and of course the Venue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Martron wrote: »
    not really.... tgi is in a great location. airside is packed saturday and sunday .

tgi will then get pre Wrights venue dinner and cocktails.

it will do very well i would imagine.

Part weekly business, with just a weekend rush, TGI size venue needs plenty of drop in traffic. Airside is more of a weekend park, Pavilions you get more passing week day trade and the cinema trade too hence the reason the Blanch TGI does well all week. You also depend alot on Wrights staying open as a business otherwise you only have the day trade in the park and nothing to attract evening trade, so they may be holding off to see how successful Wrights turns out. Anyway who can afford to eat in TGI, buy cocktails and then go to Wrights these days?

Advertisement