Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TGI Friday's Swords

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Hardly a surprise really? Just look at the shopping malls in the states and how they killed off the American main street. We all might love the idea of a locally owned vibrant Main st but for the car driving and price sensitive consumer the cheaper large branded stores with easy parking wins out, Balbriggan will head the same way in a couple of years.

The TGI site is in Airside? Location seems the wrong mix, the pavillions seems a better location.

I think part of the problem is there were too many commercial units built, everywhere. I dunno if it's still going ahead but that Ard Druim development looked doomed to fail even when times were going well. The Main St. and environs also suffered from never having adequate public parking implemented, besides the fact that the Pavs drew people away. I think the relocation of the post office from the Plaza to Swords Central is another nail in the coffin of the area. It's funny because it's really only across the street now but the way footfall happens fewer people will venture onto the main street. If you want to bet, sell gold, eat junk food or drink the Main St. is still amply served though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Part weekly business, with just a weekend rush, TGI size venue needs plenty of drop in traffic. Airside is more of a weekend park, Pavilions you get more passing week day trade and the cinema trade too hence the reason the Blanch TGI does well all week. You also depend alot on Wrights staying open as a business otherwise you only have the day trade in the park and nothing to attract evening trade, so they may be holding off to see how successful Wrights turns out. Anyway who can afford to eat in TGI, buy cocktails and then go to Wrights these days?

fair point.

i dont like their food either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

There's a pizza place at Wright's called Pizza Dog and the food is really nice. We've had takeaway from it a few times.

+1 for Pizza Dog. Far nicer than others Pizza places. nice hot dogs too

http://pizzadog.ie/site/

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭DrFroggies

That TGI thing is going on way too long...I get the feeling it's like some bizarre antique courtship with eager Wrights waiting around for coy TGI's to say 'ok...I'm yours' I wish they'd either set up shop or take down the signage.

I don't know about anybody else but seeing the Wrights building with that glass facade still empty (which i'm assuming was going to be TGIs??) is a little irritating. I'd be happy at this stage if a burger king or supermacs opened there at least it'd be something.

I hope Wrights itself continues though as they've really pushed to make the venue work - it seems to be the go-to place for promotional parties, TV shows (apprentice etc) and whatever else they can put there hands to...not a huge clubber myself so i haven't been inside yet (will drop in at some point) but i like the place when i pass by it...it's a bit of defiant liveliness in a time where the general mood is one of solemn defeat.

Been meaning to drop into Pizza Dog will probably do it over the weekend ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Anyone know if this TGIs is open yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

No,

Can't see it happening for some reason, even though still has the sign saying opening soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Advertising for jobs for this place this morning on Ian Dempsy on today FM, opening December. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I'll be first in the queue for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'll be first in the queue for dinner.

I'll be the first for cocktails :D

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

i noticed a bit of work going on in where tgi was supposed to be going ............ maybe its back on???????????? anyone hear anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A recent post in this very thread says that it is opening in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

believe it or not i read the whole thread before posting that ... im blaming the hangover!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Opening this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

must be the longest restaurant opening in the history of swords

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Just wait until it opens... You'll order a burger on a Friday & it'll be served the following Tuesday. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Drove by this this morning. They have been doing lots of work this week.

Looks nearly finished from the inside

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Staff being trained in uniform this afternoon , looks like its opening this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I wonder were they meant to open weeks ago to try get in more xmas parties, would have thought it would be too close to xmas for large parties to organise

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Signs were all up this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lolabugs

Wonder if they'll be serving alcohol???

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

TGI Friday's Swords officially open today!!

Currently open for walkin's only........so get on down and turn your Thursday into a Friday at TGI's. Booking and open hours information to follow shortly.

^^^ Facebook Update from T.G.I's! Wohooo!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 poxman

Popped in to TGI last night. Wont be back. Told there would be a 1 hour wait for a table . Nothing wrong with that. But not when there was 9 empty tables/booths. 2 other groups on front of me were told the same as me and left. That is 12 people they turned away. I might not have felt so annoyed if the manager/whatever was not so condescending and self righteous .Plus customers do not want to listen to staff taking personal phonecalls outside front door talking about their christmas and give you dagger looks as you try and get by them. Loose the attitude - You are not Chapter one or Shanahans

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

poxman wrote: »
    Popped in to TGI last night. Wont be back. Told there would be a 1 hour wait for a table . Nothing wrong with that. But not when there was 9 empty tables/booths. 2 other groups on front of me were told the same as me and left. That is 12 people they turned away. I might not have felt so annoyed if the manager/whatever was not so condescending and self righteous .Plus customers do not want to listen to staff taking personal phonecalls outside front door talking about their christmas and give you dagger looks as you try and get by them. Loose the attitude - You are not Chapter one or Shanahans

Lucky you , I went up today with my wife and two kids , The service id TERRIBLE , too many staff walking around "looking" busy , 4 managers and not a clue between them . 2 hours to get the 4 of us fed . 45 minutes between starters cleared and main course arriving .

My wife , when ordering desert for the kids nearly forgot that we haddn't had main's yet , It was that slow .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

poxman wrote: »

been there twice, both times told to wait 45 mins for a table, with loads of empty tables there. Left both times

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Was there last night. 3 hours! 30 mins wait for a table, 50 mins for the starters, 30 mins for the mains, and more time again for the desert. The mains were wrong despite the server calling the order back to us. Then of course the bill was wrong. I had a word at the end and they tried to make amends on the corrected bill.

As the others have said, so many staff, but not a clue how to serve tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Teething problems no doubt. Hopefully it will improve soon. Although, in my opinion slow service appears to be a trademark for this brand. I find blanchardstown to be quite slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

jolly wrote: »
    Was there last night. 3 hours! 30 mins wait for a table, 50 mins for the starters, 30 mins for the mains, and more time again for the desert. The mains were wrong despite the server calling the order back to us. Then of course the bill was wrong. I had a word at the end and they tried to make amends on the corrected bill.

As the others have said, so many staff, but not a clue how to serve tables.

Pretty standard experience for me at least

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

We were not impressed with the place either. We went in the afternoon so no problems getting a table as the place was quite empty.
    The food was average at best and barely lukewarm, we also had to ask 3 times to be brought some mayo for the by then cold chips.
    We also overheard one of the managers lecturing out loud to one of the table staff about how the tables should be set, not a very professional way to act in front of customers.
    Don't think we will be going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Visited TGI Fridays Airside last Friday, myself and my boyfriend booked a table for 9pm. We were greeted warmly by a lovely girl at the door, sat at a nice little booth and our waitress was a petite blonde Eastern European girl who was very smiley, friendly and polite. We ordered appetisers and main courses, which tasted lovely... I had a small caesar salad to start and the cajun chicken pasta for the main. My boyfriend had loaded potato skins and an ultimate Jack Daniels burger- he was shocked by the size of the portions. Huge! He shouldn't have polished off his whole starter, greedy pig :P The waitress's timing was perfect, the restaurant was busy but there was a great atmosphere and the music on was brilliant- a real Friday night feel. Made me forget about the horrible rain and wind outside! Will definitely go back- seems like they've ironed out any teething problems that they may have had in the beginning.

Advertisement