Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TGI Friday's Swords

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Visited TGI Fridays Airside last Friday, myself and my boyfriend booked a table for 9pm. We were greeted warmly by a lovely girl at the door, sat at a nice little booth and our waitress was a petite blonde Eastern European girl who was very smiley, friendly and polite. We ordered appetisers and main courses, which tasted lovely... I had a small caesar salad to start and the cajun chicken pasta for the main. My boyfriend had loaded potato skins and an ultimate Jack Daniels burger- he was shocked by the size of the portions. Huge! He shouldn't have polished off his whole starter, greedy pig :P The waitress's timing was perfect, the restaurant was busy but there was a great atmosphere and the music on was brilliant- a real Friday night feel. Made me forget about the horrible rain and wind outside! Will definitely go back- seems like they've ironed out any teething problems that they may have had in the beginning.

Value for money? How much did the food, drinks and service charge set you back?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Try getting a seat without a booking

They do a two course special for 15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Bill came to €60ish including 5% service charge. I opted to tip my waitress as well as I found her very helpful and she a sweet girl. Think I'll pop back next weekend with some of my girlfriends for cocktails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Stheno wrote: »
    Try getting a seat without a booking

should you book this??? someone said they are not taking bookings at the minute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

browner85 wrote: »
    should you book this??? someone said they are not taking bookings at the minute?

Reading the below post as gospel it seems that they are taking bookings.
    SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Visited TGI Fridays Airside last Friday, myself and my boyfriend booked a table for 9pm. We were greeted warmly by a lovely girl at the door, sat at a nice little booth and our waitress was a petite blonde Eastern European girl who was very smiley, friendly and polite. We ordered appetisers and main courses, which tasted lovely... I had a small caesar salad to start and the cajun chicken pasta for the main. My boyfriend had loaded potato skins and an ultimate Jack Daniels burger- he was shocked by the size of the portions. Huge! He shouldn't have polished off his whole starter, greedy pig :P The waitress's timing was perfect, the restaurant was busy but there was a great atmosphere and the music on was brilliant- a real Friday night feel. Made me forget about the horrible rain and wind outside! Will definitely go back- seems like they've ironed out any teething problems that they may have had in the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daromoore

Seems like TGI Swords is taking bookings now. According to their Facebook page they have a phone number to ring (01) 840 8525

And just checked and they have a booking form on their main website: http://www.fridays.ie/pages/enquiries.php

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dublinstudent2

I've been numerous times to TGI's in Blanchardstown & Stephens Green, I also visited Swords a couple of weeks ago and I always get great service. I go with my boyfriend, girl friends or my parents and we all love it. In reference to waiting for food, all food is cooked from when you order it. It's not a fast food restaurant with pre-cooked food. It's cooked for you, the way you ask for it so I don't mind waiting as I know it's cooked fresh and hasn't been sitting around in a kitchen for ages like other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

I've been numerous times to TGI's in Blanchardstown & Stephens Green, I also visited Swords a couple of weeks ago and I always get great service. I go with my boyfriend, girl friends or my parents and we all love it. In reference to waiting for food, all food is cooked from when you order it. It's not a fast food restaurant with pre-cooked food. It's cooked for you, the way you ask for it so I don't mind waiting as I know it's cooked fresh and hasn't been sitting around in a kitchen for ages like other places.

am i getting deja vu here?? coulda sworn i read this post weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Went here about 2 weeks ago for a birthday. Friday night.
    About 10 of us.

The service was dreadful - and thats putting it mildly.

We where seated and had menus in front of us for a good half hr before they took our orders. Everyone at the table had to go up to the bar to get their drinks as no one was taking our drink order.
    One girl managed to grab a staff member attention and order a bottle of wine, the wine came down with the cork still in it, the girl was left a good 20 Min's before someone came over with a bottle opener to remove the cork.

Starters came out and 2 of the girls where left waiting as we all digged in not wanting our food to go cold.
    After about 20 Min's ,they then started to bring out our mains and the 2 girls still hadn't even had their starter, this was mentioned and the girl bringing the food turned and said "ahh I wasn't aware I'm not meant to be even serving this table the girl serving this table is gone on her break :rolleyes:" Everyone is entitled to a break but the girl could of at least waited till she served our food before she took her break.
    Their starter was then brought out with their main course...

After we had our main, we where left a good 1hr (no joke) before our desert came out, when it did come out they got all the orders where mixed up. No one was really enjoying themselves and just fed up at this stage.
    As we all finished our desert, everyone was quite pissed off and just wanted to leave, it was very annoying everyone having to leave the table every couple of Min's to go the bar for drinks.

At the start of the night one of the girls had told one of the staff member serving the table that is was one of the girls bday and if they could bring down a cake and a candle.
    Just has the bill comes and people where getting coats on a few of the staff members come over with a cake (slice of desert) and candle and made a half arse attempt in singing some sort of birthday song :rolleyes:

Extremely bad night due to lack of service, place is extremely over priced, the food wasn't that nice and to top it off they add a service charge for a party of 8 or more which I think is shocking due to the crap service we got.

Won't be going near the place again.

My friend (the birthday girl) rang up and spoke to a manger the next day about it, as far as I know all she got was an apology and a discount next time she was there :eek: needless to say she wont be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I like it in there, the staff are friendly but the service is very slow. When you know that before hand its ok because you know what to expect but the first time is kinda a "wtf is going on!" experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement