Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero, what do ya think of it?

• 29-11-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Im thinking bou getting the new HTC hero and im wonderin is it worth the ammount?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

mate there's a massive thread about this phone just below this one, it has over 1300 posts about the Hero! Check it out here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055602154

And whether it is worth the amount depends on what you want out of a mobile phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

As IH77 says, it depends what you use your phone for. It's a weapon :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Flashy G

Aw **** im new to dis and tryin ta get ta know how to use it. I didnt see it.

I wana be able do everything i can do on my laptop but faster really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Flashy G wrote: »
    I wana be able do everything i can do on my laptop but faster really.

It'll be handier because it can fit in your pocket and it does almost everything, but it certainly will not be faster than a laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i actually wouldnt lock this thread. As the ather thread is more about buggs and problems, not opinion. He would get scared of htc hero if he loooks in to it. I was :D

so this thread is just pure opinion, let it stay mr. administrator! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I think its fanstastic, been using it for a month now & I can't fault it. Some teething poroblems, but otherwise super dooper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

It's a great phone, but you won't get faster than a laptop. That's just ridiculous really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mickeyie05

in comparison to the iphone wats it like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Mickeyie05 wrote: »

it's way way better.

There seems to be alot more freedom with the Hero, but I don't own an iPhone so can't really say. Most reviews seem to indicate the iPhone is just a touch better in terms of power etc. but most reviewers would rather the Hero - from what I've read - as it's a much more "fun" phone to use.

The whole Android community is very active, therefore making the hero alot more customisable it seems - custom rom's etc, and everything is much more open. i.e - Androids market vs. the app store.

I don't like Apple products full stop, so this was an easy choice for me. It's an awesome phone.

• Advertisement

id be interested to know how to opens up webpages and also on its number of applications available on it compared to the iphone. I currently have a nokia n95 8gb tinkin of trading it in in carphone warehouse where they will give me a 100e for it

id be interested to know how to opens up webpages and also on its number of applications available on it compared to the iphone. I currently have a nokia n95 8gb tinkin of trading it in in carphone warehouse where they will give me a 100e for it

I don't understand this question! You open a web page by opening your browser! There's a huge amount of applications. Some are really crap, but most good. I wouldn't be able to compate against the iphone app store as I've no experience of it, but trust me, there's plenty of apps.

I am in about, where i cant choose between hero and iphone...

Hero is more customazible and more fun yoke. where iphone is just more polished, but with less stuff...

the stuff you pay on iphone is free on android...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

the stuff you pay on iphone is free on android...

This really seems to be the clincher for me. However, I've seen mentioned in other places that the App's will not be free forever. Is there any sort of indication when its likely that we'll be charged to download certain app's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Flashy G

Well i have a 3 year old sony vaio and its still alright fast. My dad got an iphone 3G S and its unbelieve fast! Id get one myself but i dont like apple at all! HTC looks very good design wise and theres new stuff on it which seem preety cool, the iphone hasnt anything new to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is this true? I thought €30 was the max they would give for any trade-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

EGriff wrote: »
    Is this true? I thought €30 was the max they would give for any trade-in.

Yes its true. Its in their phone brochure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

It's pretty slick, beats the pants of the Noika 5800XM I had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

How's the GPS / Google Maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

I couldn't find an answer to this on the other thread.

Is the Hero HTC sold by Meteor unlocked? I heard it was but don't know if it still is.

• Advertisement

KamiKazi wrote: »
    How's the GPS / Google Maps?

I haven't used it much yet but that is one area where my nokia has an advantage, nokia maps can be saved on the phone you don't need a constant data connection.
    One the other hand the nokia was terrible at locking a gps signal, the hero can do it in a few seconds.

Dopey wrote: »
    I couldn't find an answer to this on the other thread.

Is the Hero HTC sold by Meteor unlocked? I heard it was but don't know if it still is.

I got one last wednesday from meteor and it was unlocked and worked with my three sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

dloob wrote: »
    I got one last wednesday from meteor and it was unlocked and worked with my three sim.

Thanks dloob

I think that HTC HD2 would be better choice now. Its just more superb in all all ways!

1ghz, 512rom, +-500ram!!! huge screen! and ather bits...

I think thats a really huge competition for iphone! Review are savage!

only problem is i was in carphone warehouse today and they dont sell the hero as meteor are selling it exclusively and meteor only offer 30e on trade in so im thinking of selling it on ebay because I could easily get 100e for it at least

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭user_name_d

Hey - just jumping in to this thread here - has anyone else bought the HTC Hero from Meteor and used on another network?

Seriously tempted as a replacement for my lost iPhone and I am tied to a contract on O2 until late next year.
    Or anyone with experience in unlocking an HTC?

I would normally go for the e-Bay option but would like this asap.

On Opinion - After years of using an iPhone - I am looking for a change as the iPhone hasn't done much in the last year and wont probably till late 2010. So hopefully the HTC is just the change I am looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

Just been on meteor' site and Heros are out of stock! frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The 3g store in dundrum still have some

Advertisement