Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

from camera to youtube

• 29-11-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Is there such a thing as a small camera that takes video clips that you can upload straight away to youtube without attaching to a computer eg if you are on top of a mountain with no access to computer!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well, whatever camera it was would have to have the net on it... no camera that I know of has that, but there are a few decent enough cameras on phones, which presumably would do so... Don't know any specifics though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Doubtful. Video files tend to be big and upload speeds tend to be poor, especially wireless.
    WiMAX is only beginging to see rollouts in Ireland so if you're hoping to upload over 3G then you'd probably be quicker to drive home and upload it with broadband.

Any smart phone should do it but the video quality will be poor and the trasnfer speeds will be slow and expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 runner44

Somebody mentioned it to me and I was thinking it would be a good present to give

They said they saw an add for it on the tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Your best bet would probably be a phone with a good camera and a 3G connection I'd say. My phone has a dreadful camera, but I could record a video without too much difficulty, save it off, and upload. I've done it before, attaching it to an email using the gmail web client and sending it directly from the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

runner44 wrote: »
    They said they saw an add for it on the tv

Ohhhh right. The penny drops. You aren't going to provide us with a convenient link to this great product now, are you ?

no I don't have a link!I wouldn't even know how to add a link!

had a quick look at 'eye fi' and that sounds as if it might be it.would you need a particular camera to use it in and is it a recent thing?

Thanks Bedlam.I had a more detailed look at the site again.it sounds really good.I'm not very tech savy so I might talk to someone about the different cards etc.Thanks.You've been very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Going off topic...but the iPhone 3GS can do that no problem. Except the iPhone video is sh1te

• Advertisement

Am still looking for this elusive camera.Eye fi looks good but not sure if it will work in camera that this particular person has.It's not on their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Qik on a smartphone works well and can stream live video from some phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Advertisement