Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please..patrick kavanagh

Options
  • 29-11-2009 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi all.. am looking for a little help.. does anyone know where I can get a poetry book called SOUNDINGS.. Patrick Kavanagh etc.. I remember it from the Leaving Cert..long long time..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I don't think there is a book by Patrick Kavanagh with that name. Unless it is long out of print or something. Just google his bibliography and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

There was an old poetry anthology used in schools a number of years ago called Soundings. Theres a thread here about it. It seems pretty hard to find, but a pretty good book by all accounts.

In particular, one of the posts there has images with the contents page, so you could find the poems via Google or something.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Lemondrop kid

There was an old poetry anthology used in schools a number of years ago called Soundings. Theres a thread here about it. It seems pretty hard to find, but a pretty good book by all accounts.

In particular, one of the posts there has images with the contents page, so you could find the poems via Google or something.

:)
    Great Anthology. Found a copy a few years ago, but then lost it. E-bay perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andrea81

yes that's the name SOUNDINGS..rem from LC.. it just had a few sonnets in it by patrick kavanagh etc.. i remember giving it to a friend never got back.. uhuhuhuh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andrea81

tks eliot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Contents of Soundings are all here I think...

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~melmoth/soundings.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

most read book on my shelf-what a gem.-I WILL NEVER PART WITH IT!

Advertisement