Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise IFSC

Options
  • 29-11-2009 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Anyone else live down around there beside the road?
    The noise levels at night are quite annoying.

Theres always people walkin home drunk and shouting through the echoing streets that seem to amplify it and ofcourse they always have to shout, much worse when its groups. Goes on till about 3 thursdays to sundays being worse ofcourse but any day seems to do.

Are the all howias from sheriffer or what. not only that but the kids treat the whole place as their playground before the pub hours so get a fair biit of shoutin from them before then. hard to get a bit of peace.

I do be prayin for a bit of rain and wind so they just have to get home and cant be dilly dallyin.

Ive put up two sets of curtains and perspex to soak up a bit of the sound. It can be grand for 30 mins and then all of a sudden therll ba a good few roars and shoats and calls gets right on your nerves.

I feel sorry for the other apartments that are right beside a pub/club.

I do have earplugs but they are uncomfortable and arnt great either.

I also see advertising around the cornor for sound proofing so i guess im not the only one.

I wont be living here long if i can help it. I dunno what can ye do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭dimejinky99

I can answer this for ye. Its not howiyez or anything like it. NCI campus is there and their own campus apartments residents are to blame. Im in NCI (or was) and can safely tell you its muck savage yunfellas from the country causing your hassle. Write NCI a letter of complaint, they will actually take it seriously believe it or not. As far as we know theyre only renting that building and the college could be held accountable were enough owners to complain. They brought this up start of the year. Go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

My friend used to live above Lagoona

Was hell on Friday nights as people were outside chatting.
    I know they take in the seats pretty early but living above a pub smoking area is never going to work out well.

Advertisement