Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ennis

• 29-11-2009 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on moving to Ennis at the start of January... don't really know much about it though. Anybody care to fill me in...

Where is a decent part of it to look for a house? What parts of it flood? Whats the traffic like, any parts to avoid looking in, trouble-spots, etc etc?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Lot safer than Limerick anyway and less badly dressed track-suiters walking around with the pants stuffed into the socks, even in the towns so called trouble zone.

If you are more of a Kilkenny person, then you will fit right in. Were all lovely happy townies down here, just like ye cats.

Go for anywhere on high ground if you are really worried about another flood, or you could just trust in sandbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Lot safer than Limerick anyway and less badly dressed track-suiters walking around with the pants stuffed into the socks, even in the towns so called trouble zone. .
    Depends on what part of town, you must remember that scum from other parts of Limerick Co Clare were relocated to Ennis some time back, hence the ever expanding Garda CCTV surveylance network. I wont mention these areas. :p
    If you are more of a Kilkenny person, then you will fit right in. Were all lovely happy townies down here, just like ye cats.

Go for anywhere on high ground if you are really worried about another flood, or you could just trust in sandbags.
    You would be safe in most part of town, just avoid any housing estates where you see concrete horses heads on gate pillars. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

If you get a house in Cloughlee just make sure the windows are double glazed, the hand grenades usually just bounce right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Ah to be honest nearly every part of ennis is ok , the only places i would avoid would be cloughleigh and drumbiggle , after that anywhere is nearly ok, If you just take a drive around the estates in ennis (if won't take that long )you will find out the score! Nice town, good pubs . Hope you settle in. Any other questions , just give a buzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 EresMama

@blueshark22 has your opinion on Drumbiggle changed over time at all? We're trying to narrow in on a location and love the walkability of Drumbiggle, but need a family-friendly and safe place. Sorry to jump in...yours was the only hit I got on Drumbiggle :)

Advertisement