Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-downloading content from Xbox live

Options
  • 29-11-2009 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Howdy,

I know that it's possible to download content that you've bought from Live, using points, more than once but it is possible to re-download content that you got with a redeem code for a pre-order or the like?

I recently upgraded to a new Xbox and when I enter the redeem code I get told that it's already been used, which it has, but since I'm using the same gamertag I should be able to download it again, right?

If anyone has any insight I'd be very greatful!!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jesus!tony

I doubt you can because you could just be signing in to another persons xbox. It would be stored on the hard drive and not joint with the tag so they could use it methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

You should be able to download under the same gamertag with no problems.

I have done this myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

There is a download history part of the marketplace or somewhere, where you can re-download any bought/redeemed item. If done on a different xbox, however, said item can only be played/used when signed into the purchasers profile while signed into LIVE

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

There is a download history part of the marketplace or somewhere, where you can re-download any bought/redeemed item. If done on a different xbox, however, said item can only be played/used when signed into the purchasers profile while signed into LIVE

Found it. Cheers.

For anyone else who needs it, it's in the account management section of the setting menu rather than the marketplace itself

Advertisement