Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from outside The Royal Concert Hall?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I'm attending Video Games Live tomarrow night at the Royal Concert Hall. Seeing as I don't know the venue (or the city!), I'm going to just to get a taxi from the city to the concert hall. But I was just wondering, is it easy to get taxi's from outside the concert hall itself? Or buses? I think I heard the 46A passes by there? Any help would be great :3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Do you mean the National Concert Hall - or the RDS (Royal Dublin Society)? Taxis outside the RDS - yes; outside the NCH less likely. From NCH if going southside, walk right to Adelaide Road. If going north from NCH, walk left to Leeson St/Stephen's Green.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

46a bus stop is on lesson street.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performances/Video-Games-Live-%281%29.aspx

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=swp7bgggbndq&scene=29508198&lvl=1&sty=b

For the National Concert Hall, there are taxis just down the street at the Conrad Hotel (red brick buildings in the bing.com link). All taxis have a yellow roof sign. Alternatively, get any bus on the same side of the street as the NCH to bring you into the city centre (its not far). Taxi fare maybe €5. Bus €1.15 coins only, no change, but you can pay in a group.

For the RDS, Lansdowne Road seems to be the nearest rank, but you should be able to hail a taxi, assuming there isn't a rush for them.

Weather is currently wet, windy and cold, with risks of snow and thunderstorms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dublin has to be one of the easiest cities in the world to grab a taxi, except maybe for an hour at closing on Saturday night (Sunday morning) you'll get a taxi within a minute or two (or more often than not, seconds).

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Yunalesca

esel wrote: »
    Do you mean the National Concert Hall - or the RDS (Royal Dublin Society)

Sorry I meant the national concert hall actually :p My mistake!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement