Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brioche Recipe

Options
  • 29-11-2009 3:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I had the nicest breakfast while away last weekend, scrambled eggs with truffle oil and parmesan on a brioche. Would love to recreate.

Is brioche easy to bake? I've looked for recipes but they all seem to be for things using brioche and say "buy ready made brioche@. I'd like to try to bake some myself.

Any suggestions? I can buy if needs be but would rather make myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

It is easy to bake, it's just a basic white bread with the addition of eggs, butter and sugar to enrich it. There's a recipe here. You'll need a stand mixer to make it, as it's very difficult to make it by hand, not only because you're mixing eggs and butter in, but because it's quite a sticky dough. You could probably use a food processor too, but for a small batch.

Advertisement