Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recording xbox

• 29-11-2009 3:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Hey I was looking at some usb capture cards for recording xbox footage and then uploading the videos to youtube.
    I was looking at dazzle but it seems to expensive (€71) after more searching I found this capture card on Amazon and it seems like a bargain at 90c. :eek:
    But anyway has anybody used this card before to record games ? is it good quality thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Can't record with them. Basically over here in Ireland we're on PAL - 60, and for some UNKNOWN ****ING REASON, those morons who design capture cards have decide not to support our frequency. So the only way you can get your xbox to record is if you find a way to change the frequency on your output to NTSC, or if you can find a capture card to record Pal - 60 (Not sure if there actually is any). I'm not being very informative, but trust me, don't waste your time. AFAIK the dazzle does record pal 60, but don't quote me on it.

Hope I've helped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

Im looking for a capture card aswell.Thinking about getting the pinnacle video transfer or dazzle dvc 100,Wouldnt mind if i get one second hand,to see what there like

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=166349&cat=25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

If you have the right cables you can record your gameplay with a normal dvd recorder and the quality is pretty decent aswell but bear in mind that as with the dazzle that you will have to play in SD while recording which aint the easiest on a hdtv from experience lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Slugs wrote: »
    Can't record with them. Basically over here in Ireland we're on PAL - 60, and for some UNKNOWN ****ING REASON, those morons who design capture cards have decide not to support our frequency. So the only way you can get your xbox to record is if you find a way to change the frequency on your output to NTSC, or if you can find a capture card to record Pal - 60 (Not sure if there actually is any). I'm not being very informative, but trust me, don't waste your time. AFAIK the dazzle does record pal 60, but don't quote me on it.

Hope I've helped :)
    Cant you change pal-60 into pal-50 on the xbox settings?

Advertisement