Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forza 3 garda car

• 29-11-2009 4:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

I made a garda car in Forza 3, apologies for the shitty photos. It looks better on a HD screen I promise:

DSC06957.jpg
    DSC06958.jpg
    DSC06959.jpg

It's 10,000CR if anyone wants it. Just do a design search for "Spastafarian" in the storefront. For best results stick on some Center Line Auto Drag III rims and spray them a dark matt grey.

Edit: The number plate is also available on its own for 1,000CR. That's my real number plate so if anyone wants to pay my M50 tolls please do.

Comments

About to ask a stupid question here but...

Haven't played Forza 3, but can you do all of that in-game? And can you add your own designs and stuff to any or all of the cars?

Or did you have to mess about online and spend hours and real money to make this?

Looks fantastic by the way! I especially love the detail, including the "Garda Confidential" line on the back and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

As with Forza 2 it's all done in the game. It takes a lot of getting used to though, it's only pretty basic shapes that are available and it takes a lot of layers (usually) to make anything decent. I lost patience after about half an hour, top respect for people who do it, there are some amazing paintjobs available online, I hate to think of the marriages that have failed thanks to the last two Forza games. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

About to ask a stupid question here but...

Haven't played Forza 3, but can you do all of that in-game? And can you add your own designs and stuff to any or all of the cars?

Or did you have to mess about online and spend hours and real money to make this?

Definitely didn't spend any real money. Forza has a pretty powerful, but fiddly paint tool, you can pretty much paint anything you want if you have enough time. It basically involves positioning, stretching, resizing and layering hundreds of shapes. You can't upload any pictures or anything. That garda car took about 2.5 hours but it's a really really simple design compared to some of the cars out there. Although the garda logo was a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dolby

Should have used a standard Mondeo! but kool still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Thats cool,dont play the game but like the idea of joy riding in a garda car:)

Should put it up in the emergancy services forum,never know a real garda might be playing forza 3 and fancy a spin the way he never would(or should:D)in real life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I love the fact you put in the D reg, very funny imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I don't like the new system in Forza where all the designs are locked. I wanted to gift a cool batman design to my brother but it wouldn't allow me. You can only gift plain cars you unlock as you level up anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So could you use that online?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ha nice. Would love to buy it off ya but don't have the game. Can I get it for \Forza 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

That's superb bud...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's a great job that.

I do enjoy the paint jobs in Forza, you don't feel an hour disappearing whilst working on something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Great job. This justifies the cost of a 360 alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Can you save that paint scheme and just apply it then to any of your other cars without all the hassle of it all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I made a garda car in Forza 3, apologies for the shitty photos. It looks better on a HD screen I promise:

It's 10,000CR if anyone wants it. Just do a design search for "Spastafarian" in the storefront. For best results stick on some Center Line Auto Drag III rims and spray them a dark matt grey.

Edit: The number plate is also available on its own for 1,000CR. That's my real number plate so if anyone wants to pay my M50 tolls please do.

lol looks great, did you do the ones for Forza 2 too?

I remember seeing some pics for that one. Personally I have 2 so can anyone say why I should get 3 instead? I played the demo but wasn't impressed, thinking of waiting for the next Gran Turismo instead.

Soby wrote: »
    So could you use that online?:pac:
    Yep.
    Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Ha nice. Would love to buy it off ya but don't have the game. Can I get it for \Forza 2?
    I did do a very similar one for Forza 2 but I never uploaded it. I'll stick it up when I get a chance.
    Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Can you save that paint scheme and just apply it then to any of your other cars without all the hassle of it all?
    You can only apply it to a Focus '03, but that's the only car that looks anything like a garda car in Forza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Looks really cool. You can take photos in game, then upload it to forzamotorsport.net, sign in to the site with you gamertag info and the uploaded photos will be there in nice high-res.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Very nicely done!

rizzla wrote: »
    Looks really cool. You can take photos in game, then upload it to forzamotorsport.net, sign in to the site with you gamertag info and the uploaded photos will be there in nice high-res.

Sweet, didn't realize that. Here's an action shot:

gardaaction.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Looks amazing in game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Looks great nice one. I only have the old forza so i till not be buying it just yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement