Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peat briquettes?

• 29-11-2009 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Anywhere in Dublin do a decent price on these? My local place is a rip-off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

What do you consider a decent price?

Got an ad in the door yesterday and my local topline hardware store is doing them for €3.60 a bale and with every 5 bales you get a free Firebloc.

Someone in Celbridge has an ad on Gumtree for bales at €2.50 each but they could be suss at that price...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Thanks for the reply
    Do-more wrote: »
    What do you consider a decent price?

I'd think anything under €5 to be ok. Was going to stock up on load for the winter, so I'd be interested in bulk deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Woodies DIY have 2 bales for €7... Also 2 packs of eco logs for €5

• Registered Users Posts: 25 irish horse

i buy straight from the factory 243 for 80 bales . works out about 3 euro a bale 60euro per tonne if you buy loose. there are 80 bales in a tonne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭bassy

do the deliver nationwide?.

i buy straight from the factory 243 for 80 bales . works out about 3 euro a bale 60euro per tonne if you buy loose. there are 80 bales in a tonne.

• Advertisement

no at that price you collect from the factory. thats how a fuel merchant or shop make their money

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Don't quote me on this but I think Town & Country Stores do 10 bales for €30 in Duleek.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sorry ... just for clarity ...

€243 for 1 tonne of Baled (80 Bales)
    €60 for 1 tonne loose (broken briquettes etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Where is that? I've bought loose briquettes before in Galway and they are great value but is there anywhere in Dublin or nearby you can do the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Irish horse

would be interested in finding out where the factory is to collect them as well, thanks paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im assuming it's Bord na Mona in Newbridge ?

sorry i should have made it more clear.
    243 euro for 1 tonne 80 bales
    183 euro loose 1 tonne
    6 miles from birr co offaly derrinnlough
    it might help to ring them before traveling and yes board na mona .i dont know if the have a station closer to dublin

Advertisement