Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange lights in the sky

Options
  • 29-11-2009 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

At 7.15pm this evening there were three very bright orange lights hovering and moving around the sky directly over Greystones. They were not planes or shooting stars and it was the weirdest thing I have ever seen, did anyone else see this and any ideas what they were ?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

shay123 wrote: »
    At 7.15pm this evening there were three very bright orange lights hovering and moving around the sky directly over Greystones. They were not planes or shooting stars and it was the weirdest thing I have ever seen, did anyone else see this and any ideas what they were ?????

We watched it over Bray in early November. Not convinced it wasnt a helicopter. But it did seem to be quiet for a helicopter.

Lightning hit an electric pole right in front of me while driving down by Windgates tonight. There was a massive orange glow, a bang, and the pole went on fire for a minute. Never seen anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

• Registered Users Posts: 28 shay123

According to me dad, prior to a large lightning strike the energy building up between warm and cold clouds causes ionisation which in turn causes the orange lights dancing around which makes sense as i saw this about 10 minutes prior to the lightning. So it had nothing to do with the 6 pints in the beachhouse !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

I've seen the same the other week, I dont think it had anything to to do with electrical charge in the weather but indeed Lanterns bought from the €2 euro shop in Kilkoole or Bray, How do i know, Cos I bought one myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Seen two myself in newtown about 6.30 to 6.45 seem to come up from kilcoole direction mystery solved

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I've seen the same the other week, I dont think it had anything to to do with electrical charge in the weather but indeed Lanterns bought from the €2 euro shop in Kilkoole or Bray, How do i know, Cos I bought one myself..
    Yeah the kids in Kilcoole are loving these and setting ''UFO's'' free every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I saw them, I'm fairly sure they were lanterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Davidius wrote: »
    I saw them, I'm fairly sure they were lanterns.

What we saw over Bray weren't lanterns. It was moving sideways far too quickly for a paper lantern. I still think it was a helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

for goodness sake. CLEARLY it was aliens.

Advertisement