Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHERES THE CHEAPEST ALCOHOL??

• 29-11-2009 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

hows it goin lads. just wondering what supermarkets and off licences are the cheapest in the city and around the county. i have a birthday coming up and also christmas on top of that. so im gonna need a good bit of booze for people calling etc. so i really need value for money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

tesco have slab of Carlsberg, guinness and bud 24x 500 and 18x500 bulmers for e27.50

24x33oml bottles of stella for e15

I thnk dunnes have 20 bottles of tiger beerfor e17

think today is the last day for the slabs in tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Value for Money = Dutch Gold, It's alcohol, it's cheap it fills your need, but marks you down as a cheap ass b*stard.

Otherwise go to Lidl or Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 lollypop41

next door off liscence has vodka and some other spirits for 19.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭lynnemc

dunnes are doing offers at the moment on beer. Just bought 24 cans of heineken for 26.99 and the kegs are 16 euro. they have 24 bottles of corona for 24 euro. Some good offers on wine too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

700ml smirnoff in lidl this week for 13.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Was over in England at the weekend and brought some alcohol back.

2 x 15 can of Fosters = £14 (£7 each) or 46p a can

2 x 1litre bottles of Smirnoff = £14 each

Total cost €42

Same amount here costs €100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

jimbojazz wrote: »
    Was over in England at the weekend and brought some alcohol back.

2 x 15 can of Fosters = £14 (£7 each) or 46p a can

2 x 1litre bottles of Smirnoff = £14 each

Total cost €42

Same amount here costs €100

ahh but when you take into account flights and currency rates... its a lot more expensive to fly to the uk to pick up cheap booze :D

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

robtri wrote: »
    ahh but when you take into account flights and currency rates... its a lot more expensive to fly to the uk to pick up cheap booze :D

A trip up North would cost about €50 for petrol

Exchange rate at the moment is good - and was over there for a mini break, so to a degree you are correct.

So if you went over with the intention of getting a heap of booze, clothes etc you would save yourself a lot.

The cost of the ferry, hotel and fuel worked out at €176 each for three nights.

I saved on the alcohol alone €50 which I would have had to get here anyway.

I also got clothes and shoes etc which I would have also needed.

We also ate out where the average cost for a meal was €7/meal and in one place 2 meals for £6 - and the food was quality with the plates brimming with food.

We also ate out on the 1st night in a decent restaurant because it was my daughters birthday. The meal consisted of two starters, 2filet steaks, a massive t-bone and a fajita meal for two (that would have fed the lot of us - 2 rounds of cocktails i.e. 10 no and 3 beers and a birthday cake all for the grand total of £122 or €140 a total of €28 each - now tell me where you'd get that in rip off Ireland!!

And i know we need to keep jobs here but how can these savings be justified and not taken advantage of.

I saw in a Debenhams over there a sterling price of £40 on a jacket and the euro price on the tag was €60- unjustifiable and they are getting away with it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 peter_sligo

Typhoon. wrote: »
    tesco have slab of Carlsberg, guinness and bud 24x 500 and 18x500 bulmers for e27.50

24x33oml bottles of stella for e15

I thnk dunnes have 20 bottles of tiger beerfor e17

think today is the last day for the slabs in tesco

that 24 stella for 15 is a steal. got that friday afternoon. do well for college christmas on wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

ec18 wrote: »
    700ml smirnoff in lidl this week for 13.99

which store did you see this in ?

:eek: great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

spockpower wrote: »
    which store did you see this in ?

:eek: great deal

was in the lidl special offers thing last Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007