Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grout or sealent?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi all,

I've got a quick question for all of you with tiling experience:
    Should I use grout or sealent to seal the gap between the top tile and the ceiling in my bathroom? If it's sealent I should use, would you have any suggestions on brand names? I was also thinking of sealing around the bottom of the walls (where the walls meet the tiled floor) with sealent also, as well as the corners where the walls meet. Is this a good idea?
    Thanks in advance of your replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Sealent. There is actually a couple of brands of sealent that can be painted on to so this will do nicely at the ceiling. Unfor at the floor you need to use a sealent with a fungacide. So by its nature you will not be able to buy one thats paintable so you will need to different sealents.

A popular and good brand i use is geocel

however the universal know brand has to be EVO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

Thanks a million Joey the Lips:D. Great reply.
    Where do you buy Geocell? Are they available in a builder providers? I don't think I've seen them in BnQ and Homebase. (I'm not a huge fan of BnQ/Hombse but their the only ones open when I get out of out of work)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

mitabrev wrote: »
    Thanks a million Joey the Lips:D. Great reply.
    Where do you buy Geocell? Are they available in a builder providers? I don't think I've seen them in BnQ and Homebase. (I'm not a huge fan of BnQ/Hombse but their the only ones open when I get out of out of work)

woodies. but there range is not to big. So it depends on which branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

Thanks again joey the lips

Advertisement