Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy a car in Northern Ireland

• 29-11-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey all,

Wheres the best garages to buy a car in Northern Ireland?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

Ger555 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Wheres the best garages to buy a car in Northern Ireland?? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I bought mine at a Vauxhall dealer in Belfast (Hurst? i think) last April. Great service. They even collected me from train station. Would definitely go back there. His dealer had been recommended to me by someone who had previously bought there. Good luck!

Yeh Charles Hurst are supposed to be great, they help out with all the VRT stuff etc. My sis bought a Qashqai (sp?) from them last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

What car do you want, new, old, how much do you want to spend etc etc etc etc etc etc etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ger555

I'm looking to buy a volkswagon passat (2007 or 2008). Willing to spend around 10,000 pounds. Any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Ger555 wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a volkswagon passat (2007 or 2008). Willing to spend around 10,000 pounds. Any ideas??

I bought a 2008 in June.
    I found the selection and prices and strangely spec much better on UK mainland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭IRL-Tony

I hear that Donnellys in Enniskillen are supposed to be good ... they do VW aswell as others ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

donnelys do citroen as well, just cant think off the top of my head the others. they also have many 2nd hand cars with all manufacturers

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lilywhite

try http://www.autoseekersni.com/ excellent service and fantastic :D value tell them maria sent you..

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭IRL-Tony

I was up there last Friday [4th Dec.] getting a timing-belt done.

I noticed:
    - VW
    - Nissan
    - Peugeot
    - Renault? [I think]
    - and there was mention that they might be OR are getting the Honda dealership ...

I had a good & polite experience with them last week and based on that one experience I would go back to them.

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheJudge77

My only advise is to buy from a reputable dealer here is my story.

I just purchased An 08 Audi A6 over the phone from Gerry McVeigh cars because I assumed them to be professional dealers in the trade. Before you think im mad to do such a thing Ive done it before with sytner bmw in the uk with no problems. This time I was to be proved wrong. The car was delivered to me which was handy but costly in the long run. The car is an ex lease from vw in the uk sold at auctions. The car is covered in scrapes all over inside and out. The car was not "crashed" but damaged and it looks like someone got a spray can to the rear of the car to respray it. I rang Gerry Immediately and he organised to have the car picked up to go to the body shop. A week later I managed to get hold of him and what did he say " we buffed it up". This is the problem when you slip up and dont buy from a reputable dealer.

As far as im concerned the sales man said the " car was on its toes" so he gave a false description which I passed on to www.consumerline.org.Has anybody any advise what else I can do. Should I hire a solicitor in NI or the republic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

I would never buy a car before I have seen it to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Pingwing

http://www.nicarfinder.co.uk/ hopefully will help you narrow down your search a little

Advertisement