Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer crashes

Options
  • 29-11-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

hey

am seeking some advice towards my comp that i built last year from scratch, with an asus mobo bundle of 4gb ram. i built it for recording purposes and use protools 8 with plenty of different plugins.

but recently when i switch it on, load up PT and start working on a track it crashes and im left with a blank screen. when i restart it doesnt say anything about a bug or virus its as if i was normally switching it on.

i run:

windows xp pro
    asus mobo amd dual core proc.

it works fine normally, but was always sometimes acting weird, like the odd reset now and then.

i first thought it was the way i had the mobo screwed into the case without an underlay (metal on metal) but it still powers off instantly whenever i get stuck into a good 5 minuets of work. (i counted it, only dies when im workin away on something)

im just saying its unstable. is there a system check for any kind of mobo/physical/software corruption i can run?

any help apreciated!! - nick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

hexagramer wrote: »
    hey

am seeking some advice towards my comp that i built last year from scratch, with an asus mobo bundle of 4gb ram. i built it for recording purposes and use protools 8 with plenty of different plugins.

but recently when i switch it on, load up PT and start working on a track it crashes and im left with a blank screen. when i restart it doesnt say anything about a bug or virus its as if i was normally switching it on.

i run:

windows xp pro
    asus mobo amd dual core proc.

it works fine normally, but was always sometimes acting weird, like the odd reset now and then.

i first thought it was the way i had the mobo screwed into the case without an underlay (metal on metal) but it still powers off instantly whenever i get stuck into a good 5 minuets of work. (i counted it, only dies when im workin away on something)

im just saying its unstable. is there a system check for any kind of mobo/physical/software corruption i can run?

any help apreciated!! - nick

Maybe something is overheating in the PC, are the fans running louder? lots of dust in the pc? the most important fans are the CPU and graphics card fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

hey jonny, i once had an nvidea pcie express with a big fan on it and it was quite loud over my speakers so i took it out

other then that the fans dont heat up before it crashes (i dont think so anyway) and theres no dust on my mobo as iv taken it out to have a look at it a few times and its new with alot of ventilation and open areas on the case

Advertisement