Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PRSI Refund

• 29-11-2009 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I was wondering if anyone could clarify something regarding the monthly PRSI threshold limits. Recently I received a small pay rise that carried me from subclass AL to A1 which has had the unfortunate effect of reducing my takehome pay. Similarly a colleague of mine claimed some overtime for the past month, pushed himself into class A1 for the month and has also earned less for the month after tax. In both cases we are under the class A1 threshold in terms of annual earnings. Is it possible to get a refund on this basis or is it tough luck if you go into an upper class for individual months?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mickbyrne

The rate of PRSI is calculated with reference to the payment period. If you have been pushed up to the higher ceiling it is hard luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Poor Student

register on www.revenue.ie for paye anytime. you will receive a pin in the post and once you have this you can log on to make sure you're claiming all the relevant tax credits which may increase your pay for december. keep this pin and next january i tink after the 9th you can log on to claim this years health expenses taxcredit if any and you will receive a p21 balancing statement and a refund of any tax overpaid. if no health expenses you can still request p21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Is it the PRSI or tax that is causing you to take home less pay as these are dealt with by different departments.
    PRSI - Social family and affairs
    PAYE - Revenue
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I was wondering if anyone could clarify something regarding the monthly PRSI threshold limits. ?

Here are the 2009 thresholds . ( taken from www.welfare.ie )

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW14/sw14_09/Pages/ClassA.aspx

Advertisement