Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to ?

• 29-11-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

i am running windows 7 and i want to mount a .dmg file.

the file itself is over 6.3 gigs and i need a mounting tool that can handle all that.

any suggestions please ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Spudzz

Hope this helps

The DMG file type is primarily associated with 'Macintosh OS X' by Apple Inc.. On the Macintosh, these files are treated like a real disk. They can be created with Disk Copy, burnt to CD or mounted as a normal volume. If you have a .DMG file on a Windows PC it's likely you have a Macintosh file and you won't be able to use what is in it. Some sites distribute for the PC in an .EXE file and for the Mac in a .DMG file; make certain you have the version designed for your system. On a Windows PC the dmg2img program will convert a .DMG file to a standard (hfsplus) image disk file. On Windows, a fairly complete filesystem driver for HFS+ exists as a commercial software package called MacDrive. Note: You have to run the dmg2img program at a command prompt. DMGs can be password-protected and, if so, may not be mountable by some software. The DMG file also comes in different formats: HFS, HFS+, UFS, ProDOS, Linux, and Fat32 and so may also require special mounting software to account for the format. IsoBuster can interpret these files directly as can other programs such as UltraISO. The program TransMac, by Acute Systems, can both open and create DMG files on a PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

thanks for the answer spudzz.

how would you do such a task yourself ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

PowerISO should be able to mount it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Macros42 wrote: »
    PowerISO should be able to mount it.

cheers for that but i tried a good few times and everytime it failed to mount.

would it help if i ran windows vista rather than windows 7 ?

thanks

Advertisement