Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill pay phone with PAYG sim?

• 29-11-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi

im thinking of getting the sony ericsson c905 phone,
    meteor are offering it for 100euro but only on bill pay and i want to keep my free text and PAYG sim from my old phone. ive looked around at other topics and am still unsure,

if i buy this option will i be able to put in my old sim and use the phone as a payg one or will i have to stay on bill pay to use it, also if i have to stay on the bill pay once the contract is out can i then switch it back over to payg?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Your Meteor PAYG SIM will work in your Meteor BILL phone without issues. You will be liable still for the bill account which you won't be using though.

After your contract is up on billpay you can cancel the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 02pheland

thanks this will save me 300euro, i can get the bill pay plan that is only 1 month long and costs 10euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Don't think they do 1 month contracts, more like 6-12 months ? Surely it can't be easy or everyone would be doing it !

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/price_plans/

the very first contract but i just noticed this line
    Perfect if you don't want a long contract and don't need a new phone but still want all the benefits of Bill Pay.

ill ask about them in store tomorrow or day after to be sure but it will end up cheaper still then paying full price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

02pheland wrote: »
    thanks this will save me 300euro, i can get the bill pay plan that is only 1 month long and costs 10euro

you are talking about Bill Pay Lite? You can't get phones on BPL, it's a sim only plan.

• Advertisement

dam that brings the total of bill pay to 400 the same as payg :( seems my only choice now is to buy online from some site or from the factory and then just put my sim in

Advertisement