Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse transport to France

Options
  • 29-11-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi, I'll be moving to the South of France for a year around February and need to bring my horse over. He's a rather nervous/insecure horse and needs to trust the person handling him so I need to find a company that will be kind & patient with him. Can anyone recommend a horse transportation company and does anyone have any idea roughly how much it will cost? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Call these lads. They bring mares and foals over and back for coverings and they have a good reputation.

http://www.ballinroe.com/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Cloudy22

Great, I'll try them, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kya

I'll second that, have used Ballinroe in the past to transport horses to and from the UK and foals to sales and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tanzanite

George mullins or john doran both go to france weekly :)

OP, whoever you choose in the end, make you sure you do a lot of checking into the rep of the transporter. I've heard some real horror stories from some of the Irish firms who transport.

• Advertisement
Advertisement