Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Chelsea - 4pm - Emirates - Sky Sports 1

• 29-11-2009 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭

London Derby, crucial to Arsenals title hopes that they win.

From Sky Sports;

Wenger facing dilemma
    Anelka's chances of finding the target once again will be greatly helped by the defensive crisis currently giving Wenger a serious headache.

The Gunners are already set to be without Gael Clichy (back) and Kieran Gibbs (ankle) this weekend, while Swiss centre-half Johan Djourou (knee) is also sidelined.

The biggest worry for Arsenal, though, concerns William Gallas, with the Frenchman suffering eye and ankle knocks during their European encounter with Standard Liege in midweek.

Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Abou Diaby (calf) will be missing in midfield, while Robin van Persie (ankle) and Nicklas Bendtner (hernia) are notable absentees up front.

Lampard could feature
    Chelsea have no such concerns ahead of the game, having welcomed back their key men in midweek.

Drogba and Michael Ballack both came through the trip to Portugal unscathed, while Deco is also back to full fitness following a recent groin complaint.

Frank Lampard failed to make the Porto game with a thigh problem, but Ancelotti is confident the midfield ace will be ready to face the Gunners.

That means Jose Bosingwa (knee) remains the only long-term absentee for the Blues, with the full-back not expected to be back in action until the New Year.

Possible starting XIs
    Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Vermaelen, Silvestre, Nasri, Fabregas, Denilson, Arshavin, Walcott, Eduardo.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Carvalho, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Essien, Lampard, Deco, Drogba, Anelka.

Prediction: Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea
    I fear Anelka will run riot on the left wing against Gibbs. I do think Arsenal will score first but the defensive frailties will come to the fore again allowing Chelsea to sneak a 1-2 win and take a significant step forward in the title race.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

cson wrote: »

Prediction: Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea
    I fear Anelka will run riot on the left wing against Gibbs. I do think Arsenal will score first but the defensive frailties will come to the fore again allowing Chelsea to sneak a 1-2 win and take a significant step forward in the title race.

Good thing he won't be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah my bad on both counts. Didn't see the match thread with this El Clasico rubbish that's on every thread title and secondly I mean't Armand Traore, not Kieren Gibbs.

Delete, delete, delete! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

This hurts, did you not see the effort i put into my match thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement