Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How busy is the college likely to be tomorrow?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea how busy the college [really the carpark] will be tomorrow?
    I have to be in for something at 11, wondering do I still need to be there before 8 30 ish

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

You should be fine. AFAIR parking isn't a problem during the study week...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Reading week can be quite busy at times. You should be ok until 10am, but I wouldn't leave it any later than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

If someone had one of those yearly parking permits would they get a parking space no matter what time they came in at or is it a load of s***e?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

convert wrote: »
    Reading week can be quite busy at times. You should be ok until 10am, but I wouldn't leave it any later than that.

Think I'll go in early just in case! I hate freaking out about parking.

Thanks a mil

@TirNaNog - no idea how yearly parking permits work - sorry. Is there a particular place you are allowed park? Unless you have a designated parking place I guess its first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

no idea how yearly parking permits work - sorry.

From what I know the permits are for college staff, and it just gives them permission to park in the pay-parking areas without having to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Would graduation not affect parking spaces? Arts grad is tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    If someone had one of those yearly parking permits would they get a parking space no matter what time they came in at or is it a load of s***e?
    info here

as far as I know it doesn't guarantee a space, it merely means you can park in a pay & display space without paying the daily fee. from what I've seen the big pay & display car park beside the express bus stops can be full a lot of the time though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Dave! wrote: »
    Would graduation not affect parking spaces? Arts grad is tomorrow

Forgot about graduations tomorrow. Would probably be a good idea to head in early as the carparks around O' Reilly Hall/Vet buildings will be closed off to 'normal' traffic.

convert wrote: »
    Forgot about graduations tomorrow. Would probably be a good idea to head in early as the carparks around O' Reilly Hall/Vet buildings will be closed off to 'normal' traffic.

So glad I asked now!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

TirNaNog. wrote: »

total rubbish when the car parks are full you wont get a space no matter what parking discs you have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Anyone care to share how busy UCD was yesterday?

Do you mean Monday?
    I was in around 8.15 and the car park I go to seemed more full than it usually is at that time. There was a guy directing traffic inside the gate at the N11 entrance so I'm sure it was because of that. I left around 12 and the car park was full as far as I could see. Not sure what it would have been like if the was no graduation today.
    The college itself was fairly busy I thought. Plenty of ppl around anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I went in at around 11 and there were still a few spaces in the car park at the clonskeagh entrance. The library itself was pretty busy. I'd imagine the parking wouldn't be quite as full if it wasn't for the graduation.

Advertisement