Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injecting Myself

• 29-11-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Ok I will be starting treatment soon which involves injecting myself twice daily. I am absolutely freaking out at the thoughts of this. I have never had a fear of needles before (although never liked them but who does) I think its the thought of doing it myself. Has anyone any suggestions or tips on this? ps I cant ask anyone to do it for me for various reasons

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Maybe it would help to practice a good bit first so you're confident when you come to do it to yourself. I believe oranges are the practice fruit of choices when nurses are training.

I'd say it's something you will get used to quicker than you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Ok I will be starting treatment soon which involves injecting myself twice daily. I am absolutely freaking out at the thoughts of this. I have never had a fear of needles before (although never liked them but who does) I think its the thought of doing it myself. Has anyone any suggestions or tips on this? ps I cant ask anyone to do it for me for various reasons

It takes getting used to, are you using an automatic pen injector, if so you can get one to practice with. Get used to holding it, pressing the top, etc. The more you practice the less frightening it is. Its a bit of a confidence type thing so, practice practice practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Had to do this for awhile just try not think about it , or get someone to do it for you

Advertisement