Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillwalking anyone?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Anyone here any experience of hillwalking, map reading etc. Is there a group or club in the county. I'm a complete novice with a little bit of map reading done and wouldnt mind getting out for a few walks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Wexford Hill Walkers Club

The club has walks every Sunday from September to the end of June. Meet at the Quay car park, behind AIB premises, depart at 9.30am. Over 18's only and prior contact is required. Contact Michael Kielthy.
    Contact

Telephone+353 (0)53 912 2642

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Hi,
    Wexfjord just wondering did you go on this walk over the weekend?
    Or has anyone else gone on the walks?
    Im was thinking of getting involved in this after Christmas, have done some hill-walking before, in Waterford. Just wondering what levels of fitness experience etc is needed?
    Any info would be great...
    BV

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Its looking like the new year for me now aswell, no great experience. did the theory side of it in the past and having spoken to a few people recently, i'm led to believe that most clubs facilitate newbies, regarding fitness or lack of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭FreeEnergy

There is a group that meets in Wexford but they charge money to join.
    Think it's 50 euros.
    Expensive considering you can walk on the land for free anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement