Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENTS SINCE 2005

Options
  • 29-11-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi all. im doing a project for collage on music ind studies. i need to choose 5 events since 2005 that have changed the music industry. have a few but im coming up blank here are the headings. if any one has ideas let me know

1. technology.

2. significant artists\trends. (was thinking of twitter(2007)facebook and an artist called imogan heap who interacts with fans on a daily basis

3. record companies.

4. legislation (3 strike ban on people downloading illegaly + court case in europe)

5 distrbution/promotion (360" deal)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭WhitestBoyAlive

A few things came to mind

Radiohead - In rainbows - where you could download the album for free. They didn't have to use a Record company to put the album out

Spotify - Not having to own a copy of a record to legally be able to listen to it - Still not licensed for most countries

To a lesser thought - The Beatles finally going on iTunes 09 09 09 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

The marriage of music and game technology - i.e. guitar hero etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 THE_NIK

bullpost wrote: »
    The marriage of music and game technology - i.e. guitar hero etc.

Thats great i will use this

• Registered Users Posts: 43 THE_NIK

and spotify nice one thanks. all i need is one event that has taken place that changed the record companies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The record companies haven't changed, that's part of the problem. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭WhitestBoyAlive

Except they're ****ting themselves

Advertisement