Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think?

• 29-11-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the general consensus is on these boots?

Basically I'm looking for something that is comfy to walk and stand in all day long, with a heel to give me a little bit of extra height without being too high, so
    any recommendations would be welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Yeah, they are quite nice, they look like they'd be very comfy and dead easy to walk in too cos they are not high at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

I had a pair which lasted for years. They're great! Really comfy too. They wont give much in the way of height though.

Trippen also have some really nice boots in similar styles. google em. The Birkenstock shop on wicklow street sells them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Very nice. I like them.

But they do look very masculine/biker bootish so just make sure you are prepared for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I love them! I want :)

Wont give you much height, but for a day boot you wouldnt need an awful lot anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 notmyname79

I bought a vary similar pair in Dunnes last month for 25 euro. Fully waterproof great for all the rain we've been having.
    Maybe they still have them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

fits wrote: »
    I had a pair which lasted for years. They're great! Really comfy too. They wont give much in the way of height though.

Trippen also have some really nice boots in similar styles. google em. The Birkenstock shop on wicklow street sells them.

Yeah, they're not very high, but it means that I could walk and stand in them all day long! I've 2 weeks of intensive work coming up where I'll be running around all day long so I need something that's not a runner but is still very comfy! Still, they'll give me more height than my runners! :)
    amdublin wrote: »
    Very nice. I like them.

But they do look very masculine/biker bootish so just make sure you are prepared for that

I thought that, too, but I think if I wear them with the skirt and tights I have in mind, that it won't look too bad. Not sure about wearing them under jeans, though. I think they might look a little 'clunky' (sorry, can't think of another word to describe it, but hopefully you get what I mean!)...

I bought a vary similar pair in Dunnes last month for 25 euro. Fully waterproof great for all the rain we've been having.
    Maybe they still have them?

Will have a quick look next time I'm near Dunnes. Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

No they definitely dont look well under jeans.

They're not too bikery though, in my opinion anyhoo.

fits wrote: »
    No they definitely dont look well under jeans.

Didn't think they would, but nice to have a second opinion! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'll be totally honest here...

...do you know those shoes people who had polio in their childhood wear, with a built up heel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruthie_

eth0_ wrote: »
    I'll be totally honest here...

...do you know those shoes people who had polio in their childhood wear, with a built up heel?

Lol!!

I think they look really comfy but they'd be too bikery for me but I think with the right skirt & a pair of tights they could look fab!

Advertisement