Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

transferring date from one xbox hd to another

• 29-11-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to move data from xbox HD to another xbox hd? I got a new xbox the other day with a new larger hard drive and I want to use that new hard drive, it there are way to transfer the data over to the new harddrive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Phone MS (number is in the back of manual) and ask for a data transfer cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I think there should be a ban against making new threads everytime someones looking for a DTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ipnface

I have a data transfer cable, do I need a cd to put in the xbox to work it?

Also, which hard drive should remain in the xbox and which should attach to the cable at the back?

Finally, will the transfer copy all of my hard drive cache such as title updates, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

ipnface wrote: »
    I have a data transfer cable, do I need a cd to put in the xbox to work it?

Also, which hard drive should remain in the xbox and which should attach to the cable at the back?

Finally, will the transfer copy all of my hard drive cache such as title updates, etc?

Yes, you need the transfer CD. It comes with the cable if the cable is official.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

(For about the hundredth time)

Just use a memory card. It's a lot handier and quick too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ipnface

you can't put cached title updates onto a memory card as far as i know?They are hidden in the memory screen. I am wondering are they included in the transfer of the hard drive. The rest doesn't bother bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Why are you worried about title updates? Surely when you play the game while connected to Live! you'll get the update again...

And yes, a transfer cable moves everything over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

smooch71 wrote: »
    (For about the hundredth time)

Just use a memory card. It's a lot handier and quick too

Can you copy save games to a mem card, and back to a new hdd? I dotn mind redownloading my arcade titles and such, doesnt bother me, but i dont want to lose any saves. I jsut got a new 120gb drive but havent used it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Can you copy save games to a mem card, and back to a new hdd? I dotn mind redownloading my arcade titles and such, doesnt bother me, but i dont want to lose any saves. I jsut got a new 120gb drive but havent used it yet.

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

docentore wrote: »
    yes

Cheers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Yeah you can.

That's exactly what I did, transferred the game saves and re-downloaded everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

are you based in Dublin? Gamestop in Stephens Green let me borrow a DTC for a deposit of €10, which I got back.

Plug in the cable, plug the NEW drive into the cable, insert CD, wait ~1.5 hours, all done.

Advertisement