Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-readers in brick shops

Options
  • 29-11-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

I'm tempted to buy an ebook reader (haven't decided what one yet, probably one of Sony's).

Anyway, I've actually never seen one in the flesh, as it were, and was wondering what shops might have one on display. I'm living in Galway.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

http://www.sony.ie/dealerlocator/search
    Type in Galway on the webpage I've linked to. There are a few sony dealers and a sony centre.

I've seen the sony readers in easons but don't know whether or not they let you try them. The sony centre should have one on display that you can play with.

haven't seen any other brands in a bricks and mortar shop in Ireland apart from sony.

http://www.mobileread.com is a good website for general info on e-book readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

Thanks for the info Duffman!

I forgot to mention that the Sony Centres closed in Galway over the last few months. I'll give Easons a go and see if they'll let me play with one!

I just checked out that mobileread forum and saw that the Kindle 2 has gotten native pdf capability in a firmware upgrade, so the international version of their reader is now looking attractive!

I'd be using it for travelling, so being able to buy books in nearly every country wirelessly would be a great advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Xtravision had the Sony PRS-505 on display last year, might be worth a look.

Advertisement