Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please - which phone?

• 29-11-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

I have a Nokia classic mobile with the last 6+ years. It's very basic, no camera, internet connection, etc. Just phone calls and texts. Well, the phone is finally showing signs of imminent death so I'm looking to get a replacement. I've had a look online but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Basically I want another Nokia, one with long battery life, is cheap but reliable and can take a few bangs and knocks (current one has been smashed countless times over the years!). I only need the basics (not to say that I object to a camera, etc. just that it's not a necessity).

Can anyone recommend a model that fits the description?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

well if you want something a bit tough, have you looked at the nokia 3720? Its nokia's rugged phone. Came out a few months ago. You can get it for around €130

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-3720-classic
    http://conversations.nokia.com/2009/07/09/nokia-3720-classic-rugged-phone-video-montage-and-hands-on/

If you want something even stronger, go for the land rover phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sadhbhc15

Thanks for reply. Nokia 3720 looks quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gaeilgeoir

I'm looking for some advice as well. Like Sadhbh I've had a basic phone for 5 and a half years, I'm looking for something a bit fancier though. I'm happy with Meteor so I'm a bit limited to their phones. Trying to choose between Samsung Tocco Lite, LG KS360 and Samsung S3500. Mostly I've been told to go for the Tocco but I'm not too keen on the touchscreen, seems a bit fiddly and fragile to me. Could anyone tell me if the Tocco camera would be that much better than the 2MP cameras on the other 2 phones? Thanks

Advertisement