Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graveyard in Skerries

Options
  • 29-11-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I'm looking for info on a graveyard in Skerries called Holmpatrick (Not sure if correct)

Do anyone know where it is and is it easy to find.Also is it big as I only have a name of someone buried there and not a location.Has it got an office with a plan to look for graves

Thanks for any info sent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I'd guess it's the one beside the church, almost opposite the entrance to the Skerries Mills, as this is the Holmpatrick area.

Hill Billy would be the man to ask, he has local knowledge of that area.
    Perhaps send him a PM.

Good luck.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Holmpatrick church is quite easy to find - it's opposite the entrance to Skerries Mills, so if you can find the windmills, you can find the church.

Basically, coming into Skerries from Lusk, you come to a railway bridge just before the town. Immediately after the bridge you turn right at a roundabout, and follow the road to where it intersects another road (after around 500m or so). Turn left at these crossroads and the Mills are a couple of hundred metres down on your left, with the chuch a short distance further down on the right

There is a map here
    The church and graveyard are towards the bottom right, just above Skerries Rugby club

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

All of the above directions are correct. There isn't an office though.
    If you want to PM me the details you have, I'll see if I can be of any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

oldsmiley - If you need any further info on this, please PM me directly.

Thanks,

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement