Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea - Arsenal impact on Spurs

Options
  • 29-11-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

Currently 2-0 to Chelsea.

What's everyones feelings on what's a good result for Spurs ??

Arsenal losing is always good :D
    They are our nearest rivals for 3rd spot so a loss for them with a dent in their bigger goal difference is also good.
    But a rival for first place puts more points between us.

Personally I don't see us as genuine title contenders so for me it's a no brainer that I want to see arsenal thumped but is there anyone here thinking that a chelsea win is a bad result for us ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I don't think we have a hope of challanging for the title so I think it's great the game ended 3-0 and hopefully over the next few matches we can win a load of matches and put some distance between us and liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great result for us. For me, Manyoo and Chelsea will finish top 2, 3rd and 4th are there for the taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Great result for us. For me, Manyoo and Chelsea will finish top 2, 3rd and 4th are there for the taking.

Agree with Chelsea and Man U as top two. I think Arsenal will get 3rd but as for 4th spot it's going to be a fight between us, Liverpool, Man City and possibly Villa.

Now that Liverpool are out of the Champions League, I think they will push hard for that 4th spot. Not so sure on City as they seem to be stuttering of late although they do have the players. Villa would be the outsiders IMO. As for us, I reckon the next month (December) will be crucial as we have

Everton (away)
    Wolves (home)
    Man City (home)
    Blackburn (away)
    Fulham (away)
    West Ham home)

I'd be disappointed if we don't win at least four of these fixtures maybe even five. Tbh we should be confident of winning all six but we'll probably slip up with a defeat or a draw somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

everton away is a big one, if we can win that then we should be able to win the home games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Lovely to see Wenger squirming. The papers this morning made great reading!

Could this be the end of Wenger at last?!

If the Scum's form dips any further, it may turn into a crisis and maybe we could challenge them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Lovely to see Wenger squirming. The papers this morning made great reading!

Could this be the end of Wenger at last?!

If the Scum's form dips any further, it may turn into a crisis and maybe we could challenge them..
    Yep, it were funny watching Wenger talking total nonsense as usual. The Arse are definitely out of the title race (they were never really in it. :D) but it'll be a huge struggle to finish ahead of them in the league. I think the best we can hope for is 5th. I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic. And such a poor result tonight in the cup against Man U's reserves. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement