Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest an epic game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

frecklz wrote: »
    Really? Cos it's way better? I heard that AC3 will be set in the future. Big mistake in my opinion.

1 is just a showoff of the engine and world - 2 they actually do something with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Buy a PS2 + Shadow of the Colossus.

Ain't nothing more epic than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Fallout 2.

Gog.com sell it

1 is better imo, and vital to understand 2 fully anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Nethack.
    Interesting, super difficult (I've never won, or come close)
    Different classes/races, generally each with their own style of play (As a Barbarian/Valkyrie it's fine to just run up and kill 90% of things, and they're generally considered the easiest to win with for this reason, try that with a tourist or healer and you're ****ed).
    I think Adom is the best roguelike.
    Omega is also very good.
    Some things they have that nethack doesn't really are a plot, characters, and a number of dungeons in a world map, instead of one huge one.
    I've played all three of the games to completion at least twice (well moria rather than nethack, but it's the same game really). I used backups of saves for all three. [The idea that people play the whole way through nethack or adom on a single life is a bit insane]

edit: oops moria is angband, not nethack...but it's still pretty similar

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dragon Age is the most 'epic' game currently out imo. Its a fantastic game, which some people might not like, but i personally love. Currently on my 2nd play through, this time as a total douchebag. Its brilliant how you can change so much of the story depending on your actions. Its definitly 'epic' from a story point of view.

If you like tactical RPG's, you should also try the Baldur's Gate series, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1-3, Morrowind or Oblivion and Mass Effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Its not an "epic" in terms of storyline, but I have plugged the most amount of hours into Burnout Paradise than any other game I have ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Agreed. Been playing it for months and I still haven't figured out, let alone mastered, everything there is to know about the 1 character I'm working on. Then there's every other character in the game, the varying playstyles each person will bring to that character, the huge amount of match up specific knowledge you need to learn.... etc

As an aside, you could try some indie games which are interesting to play, like "World of Goo", "Crayon Physics" and"Braid". All astounding and well worth whatever you pay for them.

Have to join in here and say that Braid is a fantastic platform game. Well worth playing. I just finished it a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

The Witcher. Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Defcon. A great game that I would highly recommend, though it's not for everyone, hence try before you buy (demo available here).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Benzino wrote: »
    Defcon. A great game that I would highly recommend

good suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Any of the unreal tournament games or gears of war 1+2. All games made by epic games.
    I hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Star wars: Knights of the old republic is an epic game,like dragon age but set in the star wars era.

Also all the Legend of Zelda games and Persona games on Ps2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Mass Effect. It can be picked up cheaply enough too. You'll thank me later.

Knights of the old republic ( I am a major SW fan, just love all SW )
    Mass Effect ( Everyone has to play it, its unreal )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

frecklz wrote: »
    Really? Cos it's way better? I heard that AC3 will be set in the future. Big mistake in my opinion.

He meant he'd be disappointed with the first AC after playing AC2 first.

Also, the devs have said they were thinking about either medieval england or feudal japan, they've never mentioned the future. Personally I think in AC3, instead of cities, they're going to have different timezones. So every few memories, you come back out of the anamus and go to a different time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Kiith wrote: »
    Dragon Age is the most 'epic' game currently out imo. Its a fantastic game, which some people might not like, but i personally love. Currently on my 2nd play through, this time as a total douchebag. Its brilliant how you can change so much of the story depending on your actions. Its definitly 'epic' from a story point of view.

If you like tactical RPG's, you should also try the Baldur's Gate series, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1-3, Morrowind or Oblivion and Mass Effect.

For me it took a good while to get into Dragons Age. I think its one of those games that some people love and others hate.

For the OP i'd recommend Fallout 3. The Game of the Year edition is out now i think so he'll have all the DLC as well. That would give a good 50+ hours of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Metal Gear Solid franchise or the Silent Hill franchise. Start from number 1 on each and work your way up. You won't be disappointed.

yes you will, be jasus, ill never play one again as long as theirs a beatin heart within me :mad:

best fps'esk games have to be either half life or fall out ( though i know their not strictly fps... the other element make it a fun gaming experience )

have you tried any of the CS:S mods ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Mass Effect is a great call.

Action-packed, immersive, entertaining. Sequel's coming soon too, so you've a lot to gain by playing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gariceimo

God of War Trilogy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Advertisement