Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packaging for food gifts?

Options
  • 29-11-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Anyone know a good place in Dublin or online (ideally Irish) to pick up nice packaging for food gifts such as jam/ chutney and buns, biscuits etc?
    I'm thinking cute bun cases, tissue paper and boxes or bags suitable for holding buns and biscuits, jam jars and labels, that kind of thing.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I buy the sheets for bouquets from flower shops then some fancy ribbon from Hickeys or any habdashery style shop. Last year I got lovely gingham ribbon and gold star gift tags in Easons. Just popped my jars into the centre of the sheet, pulled it up around it and tied with the ribbon which had the tag looped into it. Looked very fancy indeed. You usually can get cheap tissue paper in the €2 shops - at least that's where I got some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bakerscooks

How about, say for puddings red gingham material tied with bow or ribbon. for jars, doiley over the lid with raffia to tie?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 heyho

Thanks, I could use the florists cellophane for the biscuits alright.
    Anyone know where I could buy empty jam jars?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got some lovely stuff in the Kitchen section of TK Maxx. Some discount stores do nice jars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bakerscooks

heyho wrote: »
    Thanks, I could use the florists cellophane for the biscuits alright.
    Anyone know where I could buy empty jam jars?
    Try clodagh at epackaging.ie they sell all types of packaging

• Advertisement
Advertisement