Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents insurance advise

Options
  • 29-11-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

My rental accomodation recently flooded. Am i covered for damaged property under the landlords insurance. I have no personal insurance and need some advise. Can you please offer me some words of wisdom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

badker wrote: »
    My rental accomodation recently flooded. Am i covered for damaged property under the landlords insurance. I have no personal insurance and need some advise. Can you please offer me some words of wisdom.

should say on your lease what the landlord insurance will cover but generally the landlords insurance will only cover property and contents is your own responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Unfortunately, your landlord cannot insure your personal belongings as he has no insurable interest on them. In the absence of your own policy I can't think of any other solution

Advertisement