Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOON

Options
  • 29-11-2009 6:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

I cant believe ive come to it but finally today i brought Goon $11 for 4 litres, now it didnt taste bad but right now i have a splitting headache and dont feel at all right:(, jeez god be with the heady days when i could afford a 8 pack of Guinness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I hope you slapped it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

4L for $11
    flash Git

I remember being able to but 5L for $9 in Perth.

I'm still confused tho as to how eggs and Fish parts become involved in the 'Wine' making process

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm still confused tho as to how eggs and Fish parts become involved in the 'Wine' making process

It's to remove impurites. Egg white (or sometimes an additive derived from milk or fish, but not all three) is added to the wine, it binds to some sort of unwanted impurities and sinks to the bottom. It doesn't actually end up in the wine itself. At least not in anything other than a trace amount.

This isn't just Goon by the way, most wine is treated this way (or with a chemical version) apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ahhh, the fruity lexia! cant beat it! the missus drinks it mixed with sprite. says it tastes identical to West coast cooler!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mellor wrote: »
    It's to remove impurites. Egg white (or sometimes an additive derived from milk or fish, but not all three) is added to the wine, it binds to some sort of unwanted impurities and sinks to the bottom. It doesn't actually end up in the wine itself. At least not in anything other than a trace amount.

This isn't just Goon by the way, most wine is treated this way (or with a chemical version) apparently.

Yes I have noticed that on a lot of wine labels here even the expensive stuff ....

I remember being told that Goon was an aboriginal word for 'pillow' (as you blow up the bag and use it as a pillow) I actually believed it for a year or so! I still tell people that, and they believe me !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Only been pissed on it twice or so, id rather go without than resort to that bile again. Strangest heavy hot hangover ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

Drink that sh*t while chilling on frazer isl in the dark hours by the water with dingoes circling you & its all good...

Still got 10 fingers & toes, they dont work so good but i got em MATE

Advertisement