Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - can't log in to router

• 29-11-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I've been adding forwarding ports so I can game online. Now my nets gone down and I'm not sure if they're connected. I can log into my router now (192.168.1.254). Which is a problem I've never had before. Anyone know what I can do? My router is showing all green lights.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

grizzly wrote: »
    I've been adding forwarding ports so I can game online. Now my nets gone down and I'm not sure if they're connected. I can log into my router now (192.168.1.254). Which is a problem I've never had before. Anyone know what I can do? My router is showing all green lights.

The default username/password for the Netopia is admin/admin i think. If you have tried that already and did not change the password then Reset the Netopia and try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Sorry, not very clear there. It's not that I can't login, it's that I get a timed out message. I thought this wasn't possible as I am connecting to my router through the net:/?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

click on start, go to run and type in cmd and click ok,

whatever IP address it gives you under default gateway should be your router's ip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

start>run>type "cmd"

Then type "ipconfig"

Look for the line with the default gateway and enter that ip into your browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

It came back of its own accord – without any intervention from me.

*backs away from slow form my router*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

Maybe you dissabled NAT this would loose all access

Advertisement