Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bigger, bigger, bigger

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

How's the glute? Still gonna test your max out next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Hanley wrote: »
    How's the glute? Still gonna test your max out next week?

Tried it yesterday, did 140kg no problem, tried 150kg but did not go deep enough so didn't count it, will give it a couple of weeks of training before I attempt it properly, just wasn't confident enough coz of the injury

Getting back on track, started with shoulders and biceps today

vid of doing 90kg for 3 for military press, thought I had it for 4 reps but nope!

Started Smolov intense phase yesterday. Just calculated with 140 due to the injury

Monday: 90kg for 3, 105kg for 4, 120kg for 3x4, 120kg for 5

Today - 3 rounds for time of deadlift (9reps), hang cleans (6reps) & push press (3reps) with 60kg. Took 2:15 too do.

Did 3 sets of pull ups (6reps each) & 3x5 each side of 20kg KB snatches

on the Ketosis diet at the moment as well. It sucks, wasting all my hard work of bulking but I need to start cutting again. 4-6 weeks of this depending on what weight I hit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Not looking forward to starting the intense phase to be honest...you'll be finishing up by the time I get started so I'll be watching closely!!

• Advertisement

Today sucked, this diet will be quiet hard to keep up if I continue with smolov!

Was going to do complete ketosis for 4 weeks but am going to carb up at the weekends before I kill myself :o

Day 2 of intense phase done - 125kg felt very heavy and struggled thru the 3 sets of it. 2 sets of 5 at 120kg were fairly brutal as well.
    Did some tricep work after and even that felt crappy so overall bad day!

Have done this diet for 3 days now, weighed in at 15.3...I am now 14.9! My metabolism is ridiculous, find it nearly impossible to bulk but so easy to get rid of bodyfat (and excess water I suppose), have already noticed a big difference in my arms and stomach

Sorry for lack of updates, got thru smolov last week, somehow, not really sure how!

Due to hectic work schedule today (16 hours - lovely) I completely forgot to takedown my weights/reps for smolov. Hoping to do them tomorrow!

Did the following instead
    Deadlift (130kg x 5) s/s with pull-ups (5) for 4 sets
    Cable rows (full stack for 5x10)
    Pull aparts (3 x failure) (good technique)

I have said previously I hate deadlifts and I feel im going to have a hernia but I ma going to have to work on them due to a lot of problems with my back, good discussion with a physio today and getting some video analysis of my whole back during exercise this week, should be interesting. Long story of it, anyone wants its explained I will go further on details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

MOAR details.....

Advertisement