Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Lounge and Gentlemans club in different categories

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Nope, there is at least one rec forum that allows anon posting.

Didn't know that, that's fair enough then!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Nerin wrote: »
    thats not a category. its a forum. i thought someone around as long as you would know that. kinda like knowing that admins of websites can see ip addresses.

they suuuuuuuuurrrreee can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I personally think it's time for a rethink on the cat lists, and if we actually need them at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Reading a publisher's catalogue in work once, I noticed they had two forthcoming books, 'Chatting Up Men' and 'Chatting Up Women'.

The 'Chatting Up Men' one they listed in their Humour section, the 'Chatting Up Women' however, went into Social Sciences.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We;re giving it some thought along with a new interface design but its all very much at alpha stage at the moment... the mini-meltdown of the platform/search-engine pushed it to the background.

Personally, I dont have a problem with the LL being in Soc, if they prefer it there I wouldn't be objecting.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

DeVore wrote: »
    if they prefer it there I would be objecting

DeV.

typo? (not being smart (for once))

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

nggggggh.... I meant "wouldn't"...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

tbh wrote: »
    slight correction: Men's health was originally in Sci, and was moved to Soc when it was renamed. We discussed moving it into either Rec or Soc, and Soc was felt to be a better fit. There is still a redirect under the Sci Menu.
    From what I recall when I did it (yes it was me who set it up), your general consensus was that you wanted to retain the serious-ish tone of the Men's Health forum without making it a strictly "Health Issues Only" forum. TLL has from the start been a little more like "AH for Women" than Oprah.

The different categories basically reflect the different tone of the discussions taking place therein.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Simple solution: close both forums for being the lesbian offspring of AH that they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If TLL and The Gentleman's club get moved together surely Clearasil and Hormones should be with them too?

(:p)

I don't really see the big deal tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

phasers wrote: »
    If TLL and The Gentleman's club get moved together surely Clearasil and Hormones should be with them too?

(:p)

I don't really see the big deal tbh.

Nobody is suggesting its a big deal. It was a question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

not even i know what the hell i was on about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Would a Women's Health Forum request. resolve anything?

Advertisement