Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roads Flooded in North County

Options
  • 29-11-2009 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

In case any of yis havent been out and about.
    Blakes X
    Well between New Haggard And Blakes X ie approaching Blakes X from Lusk. Just after the turn for the Dump the road as of 3.30 anyway was barely passble.

Rush-Lusk Road
    Just before the train station another fairly badly flooded spot and again barely passable.You will not see this in the dark so be careful. If I come across any more during the night I will post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Hearse Road (into Donabate) had some smallish areas of flooding earlier on, if the rain keeps up though it's likely to get a bit worse, and as a lot may know, that road is very dark at night so be careful.

The back road (round by the golf course) has two flooded spots heading towards Donabate, again, you won't see these in the dark. Not massively deep or anything, but will make the car veer around a bit if you go through them at speed.

Noticed that a lot of the farmland in the area is very waterlogged, so that can only mean bad stuff, as the usual water soakage won't be there if it continues raining

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Back roads from Swords to the Airport are bad enough, there was some flooding earlier around Keelings and there's an overturned car in a ditch along there too now.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Forecast is for no more rain overnight, so hopefully the floods will have diminished a bit for the morning rush hour (particularly as I'll be aiming to cycle into town, via Blakes Cross:))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ginny wrote: »
    Back roads from Swords to the Airport are bad enough, there was some flooding earlier around Keelings and there's an overturned car in a ditch along there too now.

Yes, and over at harristown where the Dublin bus depot is bad too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

At the bottom of ministers road in Lusk just at the GAA impassable from GAA on on towards Round Towers Service station road looks impassable although I was told it was passable though I wasnt using my car as a guniea pig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Around the old track in Portmarnock - impassible from the back road to Kinsealy & pretty bad around the bridge down towards Malahide. Hopefully this will have cleared by the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Expect more floods at Blakes X tomorrow. The water in Rogerstown Estuary is fairly high and there is Loads of rain on the way according to R.T.E. Blakes X was clear this evening but like a sheet of ice. My car read -1 on my way past at 5.30

Real danger at Beau Hill and Whitestown Hill which are either side of Spout Road between Rush and Lusk. Water flows down from the fields and across the road.

Skerries Rd from Rush has some fairly large pools this morning so slow down and dont drench the kids walking to school.

Advertisement