Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed - computer crashing.

• 29-11-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Got a new Dell, windows 7, i7 processor, 1gb nvidia gforce gt220 graphics card.

Problem is that when I load up a game to play, it works grand for about 2 minutes and then the monitor seems to lose the input from the computer, the cd audiably stops spinning but then starts up again, the computer remains on but there is no picture delivered to the monitor.

I'm almost positive there isn't a problem with the monitor as this only happens when either a) play a game or b) in fullscreen mode on farmville on facebook, putting it down to some sort of java problem with the latter.

Is it a problem with the graphics card? Should I send the computer back to dell to repair it or is there anything I can try first?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

shoutman wrote: »
    Hey
    Got a new Dell, windows 7, i7 processor, 1gb nvidia gforce gt220 graphics card.

Problem is that when I load up a game to play, it works grand for about 2 minutes and then the monitor seems to lose the input from the computer, the cd audiably stops spinning but then starts up again, the computer remains on but there is no picture delivered to the monitor.

I'm almost positive there isn't a problem with the monitor as this only happens when either a) play a game or b) in fullscreen mode on farmville on facebook, putting it down to some sort of java problem with the latter.

Is it a problem with the graphics card? Should I send the computer back to dell to repair it or is there anything I can try first?

Thanks in advance.

contact dell on the phone tell them exactly that , sounds like the card could be overheating while playing games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Contact Dell on 1850 200 722. As stated, it sounds like the graphics card is overheating, especially if the problem only surfacing after a period of time while playing a game.

Advertisement