Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor + E52 + WAP question

• 29-11-2009 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi,

just got an E52 on bill pay with meteor (their 200 texts/minutes package for €20 a month). If i connect it to a wifi connection and start using my email or browsing the web does it use that connect (ala the iphone) or does it just use my phone as if I wasn't connected to wifi.

The reason I ask is that it's 2c per kb and I assume I have transferred a few hundred kb's at this point. Under the signal bar there's a 3G logo (like all 3G nokia phones) and it has the double arrow icon under it when it's transferring data (arrow pointing left and one pointing right).

I stopped using it as soon as I noticed this (after a few minutes) but for future reference I just need to know if it's using my network or the wifi, ie: can I browse the web for free using a wifi connection or is it limited to certain features (such as printing etc).

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can use the wifi to browse and for emails, once you set the phone to do so. If you see the 3g arrows icon, you are using the network connection and not wifi. The wlan connection has a different icon, looks like a mast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

when its using wlan connection, the icon should be like this: f35f0183ece34f75a2e78f70c6436397.jpg

Post back if your still having trouble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

104494431 wrote: »
    Hi,

just got an E52 on bill pay with meteor

Could you tell us what firmware the phone has ? (Type *#0000# and tell us what you see )

How do you find the phone in general ? many crashes ? what do you think of the phone....

Can you post some pictures that the phone takes ?

Thanks if you can do any of the above ,I'm thinking of getting the phone but a lot of comments from users say it's not that great but that could be the firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Stuff

Firmware is 022.009 (I updated from the 021.013 firmware a few minutes ago).

I only have it less that 24 hours. Thus far I like it, bigger than I thought it would be (had not seen it before I bought it). The screen is huge and very vivid, buttons are great, battery life is already showing the signs of being as good as people say it is. I think it's too early to give you an opinion to be honest though.

I got it for €89.99, which I thought was a good deal. Personally, I have disliked Nokias phones for the last three or four years, poor battery life, slow operating systems and just a general trend towards not getting what you pay for. This feels like a much more polished version of any Nokia phone I've used in the last few years (N73, N95 etc).

It comes with 1 gig Micro SD card, headphones, usb connector, usb charger, usb to nokia adaptor (connects usb cable to you phone and either old or new nokia chargers into the other end, so you can use any nokia charger, old or new, to charge your phone). I think they put a lot of thought into the phone to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement