Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-need of some producers in the price range of €1-1.5k

Options
  • 29-11-2009 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi Boards.ie

I'm a new record artist looking to turn my work into industry standard music.
    I'm into a Hip-Hop/RnB style of music. I don't have much experience with studio equipment - though I do own myself a 61 Key Synthesizer but I suck at it.

I'm looking to record 1 single for the meantime.

Looking for a good relationship with a producer who alongside myself can create a good tune which then with my good knowledge/experience in advertising/marketing hopefully send out to some labels.

I lurked around and found some pretty skilled guys but most from what I read don't produce my style of music.

Just a question to any other artists/musicians/whatever - has anyone had any experience with PopStar? I was up in Pleasants Lane the other week and a friend told me that I should check them out - from what I hear they are expensive and only do a specific type of production.

So anyways.

If there is anyone here who thinks he can do this job, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Cheers.

EMOH.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Chris Fudge

You aren't gonna find anything here blad, better off taking a trip to the USA and meeting up with some rap producers since most people in Ireland are used to producing that whole lame sound area sh1t.

I already made a thread and got a bunch of clown nobs reply with f*ck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

EMOH wrote: »
    Hi Boards.ie

I'm into a Hip-Hop/RnB style of music. I don't have much experience with studio equipment - though I do own myself a 61 Key Synthesizer but I suck at it.

Looking for a good relationship with a producer who alongside myself can create a good tune which then with my good knowledge/experience in advertising/marketing hopefully send out to some labels.

I lurked around and found some pretty skilled guys but most from what I read don't produce my style of music.

Just a question to any other artists/musicians/whatever - has anyone had any experience with PopStar? I was up in Pleasants Lane the other week and a friend told me that I should check them out - from what I hear they are expensive and only do a specific type of production.

So anyways.

If there is anyone here who thinks he can do this job, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Cheers.

EMOH.

Hey!

We certainly dont stick to any one genre but we can forgive anyone for thinking that with a name like PopStar. I got your PM so I will write you a resPonse, cheers for getting in touch, D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 EMOH

Hi Chris, that did not answer my question however I assure you there are many producers in Ireland who are far more capable in producing then you would have imagined. If you could link me to the thread you made that would also be nice. Oh and what is "lame sound area sh1t"?

Oh and cheers for the quick reply - I appreciate it "blad".

EDIT:

Oh thanks for the reply Dav, I'll pm you shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

You aren't gonna find anything here blad, better off taking a trip to the USA and meeting up with some rap producers since most people in Ireland are used to producing that whole lame sound area sh1t.

jesus your some eejit.
    instead of complaining why dont you take the time to actually learn how to make your own beats instead of wanting to be a manufactured hip hop artist like all the rest of them.

but no that would be hard work and of course hard work isnt keeping it real.

and stop with the slang,your not hood,its people like you that make irish hip hop a laughing stock because whilst your all about being "real"you act like you grew up on the streets of harlem when in reality your probably sitting in your parents nice semi detached waiting for your mam to call you for your tea.

if you havent found what you want then leave.plenty of irish rappers have found great producers in ireland but your more likely to try out for the latest installment of making the band with that clown diddy.

and believe me there is plenty of **** producers in the US too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

This is largely how Irish people view Irish rap.......you do understand it's all swings and roundabouts? That your attitude propagates the attitude that is returned to you?

It's unlikely that a singular post on a message board will find you the person you end up working with. It helps to get on the net and start tracking down Irish producers who make the style you are interested in, checking out there style and approaching them.

This simply attitude has lead to me working with producers from all over the world, in many genres, including 3 USA based vocalists ( one rapper and 2 singers ) and the amount of work in making this happen was hardly enormous.

Basically what i am trying to say is, in a world with an endless amount of people making music, if you can't find someone to make yours, your not trying.

• Advertisement

Hi Boards.ie

So anyways.

Cheers.

EMOH.

Listen mate, have a look around various websites that host music from producers (Virb,Myspace,Soundcloud) and you will find someone who makes the stuff you like, who will most likely only be too happy to work with a fresh vocalist as well.

It shouldn't really cost you anything to just start experimenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

There's 3 hip hop producers I can think of straight away.

There's Freeze who works with DJ Flip, he's pretty good (quirky).
    The boys from Exit 15 , Tuki and the lads, kind of dark stuff.

And John from Siam Collective. I'm mixing some stuff for him now and he's really sh1t hot. Mixes rap and vocals, nice... :)

They don't really do that Polished Westcoast RnB thing, you could try Rob Hawk for that maybe. But all the three mentioned above are pretty serious producers in my opinion.

That's because you came over like a dick. No one to blame but your self...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

First of all, get the idea of producing 1 track out of your head. Its a bad way to start.
    I'm just offering some advice and pointing that out as inexperience.
    Any label you go to with just one track will reject you regardless of the quality. A label wants to know what the artist can do before investing money in them. Is that one track a flash in the pan, are they a one trick pony or do they have other tracks that show they know what they are doing.

You could contact Barry Dempsey at Virtue studio's and do a course or some tutorials and learn how to produce your own tracks. But if you're just looking for someone to shadow produce for you then you're going to have to do a lot more leg work. If you're just a vocalist then start advertising as a vocalist.
    Get to know the local producers in the scene, Ireland is small and everyone knows everyone else so ask around.
    Unless you're an exceptional vocalist or lyricist I can guarantee that if your track gets picked up by a lable, your shadow producer will get more work than you do.
    Do the courses and learn how to do it yourself

You could contact Barry Dempsey at Virtue studio's and do a course or some tutorials and learn how to produce your own tracks. But if you're just looking for someone to shadow produce for you then you're going to have to do a lot more leg work. If you're just a vocalist then start advertising as a vocalist.
    Get to know the local producers in the scene, Ireland is small and everyone knows everyone else so ask around.

That's Virtu, no "e". Virtu...

Dictionary entry

;)

virtu website

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 EMOH

Bump.

Bump.

Didn't get the answer you wanted then?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

studiorat wrote: »
    That's Virtu, no "e". Virtu...

Dictionary entry

;)

virtu website

Barry's a good. knowledgeable man and would always be my first (only!) referee in this genre.

Advertisement