Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speakers Gift Advice

• 29-11-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

I am hoping to pick up an unobtrusive but quality set of speakers as a Chistmas present for my folks. They do not listen to a lot of music but when they do it is using a CD-man plugged into a really ****ty pair of mains-powered Pound Shop speakers. They are absolute cack.

My parents do not like big things taking up space so I thought maybe I could get something along the lines of the iPod sound-docks except a more generic one which the CD-man can be plugged into. Does anyone know if such a sound-dock exists, and if so would you have any recommendations.

If the sound-dock idea doesn't fly, is it possible to get hold of a small (good quality) stereo speaker set which a CD-man can simply be plugged into? I guess they would have some kind of built-in amp if so?

My knowledge is lacking on all things audio-related so any tips or advice here would be greatly appreciated.

jAH

Comments

Advertisement