Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does anyone have a m audio profire?

• 29-11-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I posted this on the m audio forum but no-one answered!

maybe some here can help me! ;

I am thinking of getting a profire 610.

I was wondering could anyone tell me if it will be suitable to do the following things;

could I use it to get ableton from my laptop (macbook) to my mixer (pioneer djm), without any loss of audio quality?

could I use it to record from the mixer (tru the 610) to the laptop? without loss of audio quality?

could I do the both of the above simultaneously? without loss of audio quality?

can plug my guitar straight into the 610?

I don't know a whole lot about these things so if any could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hey,
    I don't have the 610 but looking at the site I don't see how you wouldn't be able to achieve what you are asking in your post. Bear in mind though, that the line inputs/outputs are 2 1/4" TRS. Your mixer will probably most likely have RCA outputs so you would have to get converters
    You shouldn't have any noticeable depeciation in sound quality either. The 610 has firewire ports so you should be able to connect Ableton through that, assuming you have a firewire socket on your laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rayhartjnr

just what i was thinkin'!

i would a been waitin' 'til next xmas to find out on the m audio forum!

Thanks!

Advertisement